PDA

View Full Version : Please check my first slot port design

Zxcvtypo
06-25-2007, 02:48 AM
So I was originally going to use James Bang's design, but wanted to change it up a little and try to learn something while doing it..using a ton of my own time, trial and error, and ng's sticky I finally came up with this.

Please let me know if you see any mistakes or improvements that could be made

Sub firing up, slot port along the whole length of the bottom firing towards the rear of the hatch..box is for the car and sub in my sig. I coulda gone wider, but wanted to save atleast a little side of my hatch for something later.

Exterior Dimensions:

Depth: 23"
Width: 28"
Height: 15.5"

Port width: 26.5"
Port height: 2"
Port length: 39"

Came out to be around 5.78ft^3, -1.44 for port disp, .19 for sub disp and .50 for port pieces, bracing, etc.. totaling at 3.65ft^3 @ around 28hz.

The top will be doubled with .75" MDF, leaving the sub sitting 2" above the second port wall..is this enough clearance between the back of the sub and the port wall?? Here's a ****** drawing I just made which isn't to scale at all, but you get the idea

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/semaj34/untitled.jpg

AAckley1
06-25-2007, 12:11 PM
just wondering, how that 2" opening of nothingness is going to hold up your entire top baffle, some of the subwoofer, and the whole back wall?

No bracing ftl

Zxcvtypo
06-25-2007, 03:27 PM
I was going to make the back piece with the port extend all the way to the side and have .75" legs I guess at the end, so my back wall will be 28x12 with a 26.5x2 port opening at the bottom, and .75" extending down on either side to touch the bottom piece..wouldn't this be enough?