PDA

View Full Version : resident enclosure genius?

Lil Poot
06-25-2007, 01:58 AM
ok, so i'm looking for someone to design a box for my re xxx 18 for my 98 4 door explorer. now, i know there are plenty of people around here who can design a loud box, what i'm looking for is someone who can design me a box to play as flat as possible 30-80hz. i asked toxic tuan, and he agreed but never got back to me. if he's the best guy for the job, i guess i'll bug him some more. would prefer someone with a lot of experience with explorers.

i know sealed is the best way to go flat, but thats not what i'm asking for.

so who's my guy? (gal??)

rpfuror
06-25-2007, 12:38 PM
You want to go bandpass? You can get the nice response of a sealed box and the gain of a ported.

Lil Poot
06-25-2007, 01:39 PM
i'm not sure if i have the room. i have 8.2 cubes back there now for my 15's, and its about an inch taller than i'd like, and comes about 6 inches from the rear, i want to try and keep it under 8 cubes and stay with sub/port back if possible.

but an xxx 18 in a bandpass... :yumyum:

rpfuror
06-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Yea, I looked into it and the numbers look really good but it's at ~12 cu/ft total that you get a good response @ 3dB gain. :(

Lil Poot
06-25-2007, 07:47 PM
i think theres 12 cubes behind the back seat and at the level i want, but it would come right back to the hatch, port would have to face up.

profundus-sanus
06-25-2007, 07:51 PM
http://www.hexibase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=947&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

have mr pete kulicki have a go at it.

IgnoreMe
06-25-2007, 08:30 PM
port up = no no in the explorers

btw, why you get rid of the bl's?

Lil Poot
06-25-2007, 09:09 PM
to ****ed loud. was going to end up messing my truck up, the sunroof was about to cry uncle. they were dual 2's, so i had to run my amp at .5 ohm to get enough power for them.

the bl's were great on rap, but i dont really listen to rap unless i just want to hear some crazy bass, showing my system to someone, or just trying to **** someone off. i heard an xxx 12 ported once, playing metallica, and it really impressed me. i think a ported 18 with almost 3kw will get loud enough for me when i want it to.

IgnoreMe
06-25-2007, 10:02 PM
what?!?!? too loud?!?!?

there is no too loud. thats what the volume is for!

im just playing. i thought they took a **** on you, thats why you got rid of them.

Lil Poot
06-26-2007, 12:41 AM
no but my vfl took a **** on me, i figured i'd rather redo it with the vr2000d i had sitting around and an xxx i happened upon on the boards than to buy another 600 dollar amp to run my bl's, when i don't need that level of output and felt the xxx will better suited for type of music i generally listen to.

Lil Poot
06-26-2007, 02:46 PM
on a side note, what type of screws do i use to hold this beast in, since its going to be facing rearward? judging by the weight, i'm not sure regular 1 5/8th drywall screws like i've always used will hold the thing, do i go longer or can i get screws with wider threads or something? the box is going to be trupan light, double baffled of course.

profundus-sanus
06-26-2007, 05:02 PM
t-nuts and bolts

they sell them pretty much anywhere although parts express has a pretty large variety.