PDA

View Full Version : TV Tuner choice

Octavio
06-25-2007, 12:13 AM
Which of this TV tunner would you chosse?
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i68_tv-tuners.html

My bubget is limited so I need something cheap but good, do you think
this unit works well?

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...+TV+Tuner.html

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/images/normal/dvd8000t.jpg

Octavio
06-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Hello!!! anyone home!!

jluv
06-28-2007, 10:08 AM
My honest advice is ditch the TV tuner idea. It will be impossible to keep a good signal while driving. While parked, you can get a good signal on a particular channel if you drive around and find the best spot and face exactly the right direction. You'll need a big enough open space (parking lot) to do this. Then, if you want to watch a different channel, be prepared to move again.

If you do get a tuner, make sure it comes with the antenna setup, or you'll just have to purchase that separately. And remember, they are essentially "rabbit ears" just like you'd have at home if you didn't have dish or cable.

I had the Alpine TUE-T151 for a while, and it ******. I don't blame it on the tuner, it's just a futile idea in the first place. I now have an external DVD player in the back of my truck, which has a tuner built in, but I have never even tried it out.

To answer your question though, I don't have any experience with those tuners you listed. I doubt that any will work much better than the next. You might as well get a cheap one if at all.

88Vette
07-07-2007, 03:54 AM
If you already have a DVD player then go with the cheapo $44 one. I have one very simular to the Boss BVTS4 one in my car with an amplified diversity antenna and it works fine. It does chop in/out sometimes but mostly it works pretty good!
Make sure you get an amplified antenna for your car though. I mounted the antenna on the inside of the rear glass.
If you don't have a DVD player then the NESA Vision DVD-8000T In-Dash DVD Receiver with TV Tuner looks good.
I'd check around on eBay too!

Octavio
07-20-2007, 11:40 AM
My honest advice is ditch the TV tuner idea. It will be impossible to keep a good signal while driving. While parked, you can get a good signal on a particular channel if you drive around and find the best spot and face exactly the right direction. You'll need a big enough open space (parking lot) to do this. Then, if you want to watch a different channel, be prepared to move again.

If you do get a tuner, make sure it comes with the antenna setup, or you'll just have to purchase that separately. And remember, they are essentially "rabbit ears" just like you'd have at home if you didn't have dish or cable.

I had the Alpine TUE-T151 for a while, and it ******. I don't blame it on the tuner, it's just a futile idea in the first place. I now have an external DVD player in the back of my truck, which has a tuner built in, but I have never even tried it out.

To answer your question though, I don't have any experience with those tuners you listed. I doubt that any will work much better than the next. You might as well get a cheap one if at all.

thanks Jluv for taking you´re time to help me out.

I think im gonna go with the cheap one as you said, Hope it works.

Octavio
07-20-2007, 11:44 AM
If you already have a DVD player then go with the cheapo $44 one. I have one very simular to the Boss BVTS4 one in my car with an amplified diversity antenna and it works fine. It does chop in/out sometimes but mostly it works pretty good!
Make sure you get an amplified antenna for your car though. I mounted the antenna on the inside of the rear glass.
If you don't have a DVD player then the NESA Vision DVD-8000T In-Dash DVD Receiver with TV Tuner looks good.
I'd check around on eBay too!

I already own a DVD unit I just need the TV tunner, is you´re a Boss tunner? i suppose yes