PDA

View Full Version : help me design a ported!

nswartley
02-23-2003, 11:55 PM
alright ive got 2 type s 10s, dvc 4 ohm getting 190 RMS each...i am making a ported for it. my maximum trunk space that i can use is 39 wide, 19 deep, and 14 high. i want it tuned for daily driving too. what size should it be? how big should the ports be (slot ports)? thanks a lot for your help. :)

i cant figure out how to use winisd god **** that program! :furious:

ridered36
02-23-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by nswartley
alright ive got 2 type s 10s, dvc 4 ohm getting 190 RMS each...i am making a ported for it. my maximum trunk space that i can use is 39 wide, 19 deep, and 14 high. i want it tuned for daily driving too. what size should it be? how big should the ports be (slot ports)? thanks a lot for your help. :)

i cant figure out how to use winisd god **** that program! :furious:

Come on man...you are an expierenced user here...tell us what you want outa the box.
If you give me sub specs i can come up with something for u.

nswartley
02-24-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by ridered36
Come on man...you are an expierenced user here...tell us what you want outa the box.
If you give me sub specs i can come up with something for u.

yea but when it comes to designing boxes i **** ***. i cant figure out how to use winisd either...i just want good daily driving with a little more SPL than SQ, maybe 60/40. my sub specs are as follows: DVC 4 ohm 10s, getting 190 watts RMS...what else do you need?

ridered36
02-24-2003, 12:14 AM
yea but when it comes to designing boxes i **** ***. i cant figure out how to use winisd either...i just want good daily driving with a little more SPL than SQ, maybe 60/40. my sub specs are as follows: DVC 4 ohm 10s, getting 190 watts RMS...what else do you need?

Try to make each sub get about 2.5 cubes. Try to use 38 wide, 18 deep, and 13 high, that will give you a little over 5.1 cubic feet of external dimension w/o driver and port displacement.
As for tuning, i would say around 35hz for a good daily driver. As for port dimensions, with the above dimensions for your box, each port would be 10" tall, 2" wide, and 12.91" long.

I dont know alot about Alpines and what they like, but this setup should at least get you in the range. If you get me the driver specs, i might be able to do even better:D

nswartley
02-24-2003, 12:31 AM
Try to make each sub get about 2.5 cubes. Try to use 38 wide, 18 deep, and 13 high, that will give you a little over 5.1 cubic feet of external dimension w/o driver and port displacement.
As for tuning, i would say around 35hz for a good daily driver. As for port dimensions, with the above dimensions for your box, each port would be 10" tall, 2" wide, and 12.91" long.

I dont know alot about Alpines and what they like, but this setup should at least get you in the range. If you get me the driver specs, i might be able to do even better:D

by driver specs do you mean the QVC, and all that stuff? or what do you mean?

ridered36
02-24-2003, 12:39 AM
by driver specs do you mean the QVC, and all that stuff? or what do you mean?

Yea, you should have a list of numbers and stuff that came with the subs.

nswartley
02-24-2003, 01:10 AM
Yea, you should have a list of numbers and stuff that came with the subs.

bah nothing even came with them...i'll e-mail alpine or check their manuals online.

nswartley
02-24-2003, 01:17 AM
since its a lot to type...if you could just go here and there is an owners manual for them: http://www.alpine1.com/html/D2_n_1_n_n.html
go to products, then subs, then type-s subwoofers, then click sws-1041D, then scroll down and there is an adobe acrobat icon which has the owners manual and all the specs. on the 2nd page, my sub is the 4th one over on the chart...you will see what i mean. you can zoom in if you cant see it. thanks for your help.

nswartley
02-24-2003, 01:59 AM
read my previous post in case you already didnt ^^ :p :) ;) :cool:

ridered36
02-24-2003, 09:50 AM
I'll help you out as soon as i get home from school:D

nswartley
02-24-2003, 10:55 AM
I'll help you out as soon as i get home from school:D

sounds good...thanks for your help :)

nswartley
02-24-2003, 09:53 PM
TTT in case you forget ridered :) :) :) :) :)