PDA

View Full Version : This isn't mine but how does it look

mightycrappy
06-24-2007, 12:03 AM
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m27/crappyone/sub2.jpg
Found this setup over at IH8MUD (http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=29069&page=1&pp=30&highlight=speaker)

Like title says this isn't my setup, but I am thinking about doing this to save space.
I think he made out of fiberglass but I was thinking of doing it in 3/4" to 1" MDF.
It will be for only 1 Sub though, TC-9 Based with around 1000+RMS running through it. Was going to mount Amp next to it on box, where his second sub is closer towards back seat.
I only need about 1cuft though.
So if I just make a divider inside box to cut off extra space it wouldn't hurt performance right?
It doesn't matter if the box is just alittle deeper than mounting depth and more long in length, as long as there's 1cuft somewhere inside box right? Sorry if that sounds stupid.
Also what are you thoughts on the sub facing to the side? That won't affect sound will it?
More Importantly though, how about the back windows. With it being in a say 1" MDF box and not in the panels it shouldn't hurt my back windows right?
Mine won't look that good, it'll be more of a Box with carpet. But I will be tearing out side panel and bolting it down in it's place. Mine may stick out a bit more though. Not sure what his depth is.
Also since it's a TC-9 based sub it's mounting depth isn't different than the TCSounds TC-9 mounting depth is it?

I think that's about all. Sorry for all the questions.

tEh koRnDog
06-24-2007, 12:06 AM
try fibreglassing it. I like the idea for saving space and if done right it would look awsome.

Blove1991
06-24-2007, 12:10 AM
Idk his carpet seems a bit dirty.....

audiobahnuser18
06-24-2007, 12:12 AM
Not bad at all man. looks like he did a pretty good job.

mightycrappy
06-24-2007, 12:20 AM
Well I've never done fiberglassing before and it'll be cheaper with MDF I'm pretty sure. And I'll only have about $25 to spend on a box and figured why waste a big sheet of MDF. I'll look into the fiberglassing, but really don't think I can afford it, nor am I sure I want to spend the money just to mess it up. We'll see though it's and option, or something to do down the road.
I really liked his idea. My wife and I kept wondering where we were going to put groceries and what not. It will have a metal grill on it too. Are there screen grills that you can put Subs like these that move in and out so far?