PDA

View Full Version : it's time to focus on my front stage

hardhitta47
06-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Well, I'm pretty much done spending on my sub stage for now, so I really want to start getting my front stage sounding really good. For power, I'm thinking about a Alpine PDX 4.150. Pioneer 880 for running active. I need something that'll keep up with my two Avalanches. I'm looking for really impressive SQ. My budget is around $400. I do mainly listen to rap, but really want my system to shine with metal and rock music (if that makes a difference).

I'd like mids that can play well down to the 60 Hz range, and tweeters that can play well down close to 2 kHz if possible. My doors are deadened and pretty well sealed up with Damplifier.

I was thinking about the PRS comps, and running them active, but I'm also considering going the DIY route. Maybe the Seas W18NX with Seas Neo tweets?

Any suggestions from the SQ gurus? MiniVanMan, where you at?

MiniVanMan
06-24-2007, 11:16 PM
Well, I'm pretty much done spending on my sub stage for now, so I really want to start getting my front stage sounding really good. For power, I'm thinking about a Alpine PDX 4.150. Pioneer 880 for running active. I need something that'll keep up with my two Avalanches. I'm looking for really impressive SQ. My budget is around $400. I do mainly listen to rap, but really want my system to shine with metal and rock music (if that makes a difference).

I'd like mids that can play well down to the 60 Hz range, and tweeters that can play well down close to 2 kHz if possible. My doors are deadened and pretty well sealed up with Damplifier.

I was thinking about the PRS comps, and running them active, but I'm also considering going the DIY route. Maybe the Seas W18NX with Seas Neo tweets?

Any suggestions from the SQ gurus? MiniVanMan, where you at?

You've posted over at DIYMA. I'll respond there.

hardhitta47
06-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Sweet. Thanks