PDA

View Full Version : Port placement in an RSX

Zxcvtypo
06-22-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm trying to design my own box for my RSX, it's coming along slowly but surely, I just have a couple quick questions...I'd like to have the sub firing up and port firing back, the box after all displacements will be around 3.5ft^3 @28hz..With the sub firing up and the port firing towards the back of the hatch, does it really matter where the port is placed? Such as one of the sides, along the whole width of the bottom of the back piece, in the center on the bottom of the back piece, or will it all sound the same as long as the port is the right size and firing towards the back? Also, how much port area should I be shooting for for my 15" Mag?

For those of you with any suggestions, my max dimensions are 33x20x20ish, can add or take a few on the length and height

Thanks

DRCKISS
06-22-2007, 01:53 PM
sub up and port back all the way across the bottom ,,,, worked well for me in my rsx.........hat the extras batt in the tire well and the box was flush with the top of the back seats,,, so if I wanted to compete in DB drag and stay in street class, i could,,,, and well I did. street b 148.6 but I was running 1 RE MT 18 with an IA 20.1. could bassrace a 139.9 all day... but you better beef up the alt and dom can build you one for $590 but good luck finding someone that will install it for ya....

Zxcvtypo
06-22-2007, 10:33 PM
thanks man, guess i'll give that a go.