PDA

View Full Version : Door speaker question

kombat96
06-21-2007, 04:22 AM
im lookin for sound quality overall. door size is 6-3/4". i was wondering who/whom has heard the brands polk, infinity, and boston acoustic. i found comparable sets for around 130. do you or can you recommend a certain brand, opinions on the brands. these are speakers not the component sets either.

thanks guys

kombat96
06-21-2007, 09:20 AM
Bump, any1

tbasile1
06-21-2007, 09:38 AM
Ive heard Infinity and Polk many times, and Boston once

Infinity has very crisp, smooth, crystal clear sound, midbass lacks, but i like my Infinity coaxials i have, but im gona upgrade to a comp set soon, when i can afford a nice one

Polk has better midbass than the Infinity, and also has clear sound

Go listen to them, i always say that personal preference is big when buying speakers, Circuit City has the Polk db line and Best Buy has the Reference line from Infinity

And as for Boston, i know their higher end speakers are very good but idk about their speakers in that price range, so maybe someone can help you

ENDER_XVICM
06-21-2007, 09:53 AM
I am not sure on polks lower end speakers but their high end stuff is great. As for polk and infinity. I thought polks tweeters were very harsh in their lower end speakers. Out of the brands you listed I would probably go with the infinities.

kombat96
06-21-2007, 10:11 AM
rite on thanks guys

kombat96
06-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Diamond Audio D361i - Diamond Audio 6.5" Coaxials Speakers as another choice

tbasile1
06-22-2007, 07:47 PM
ive only heard Diamond Subs, not speakers :(

But i did hear the new Infinity Ref Coaxils, and i think theyre better than the 06 models i have, to me they had more midbass, still not the best midbass out there, but they have more than the ones i have

on their website, Infinity talks about their "Plus One Woofer Cones" that are supposed to produce more bass and higher efficiency, so maybe that explains the increased midbass

The Infinitys i believe retail for $99, thats what they were at BestBuy when I was there looking for TVs but i couldnt resist just going to the audio section for a few mins

I think that these new Ref coaxials from Infinity are a pretty good speaker!!