PDA

View Full Version : headrest tv's on alpine deck

twanked~ls
06-20-2007, 08:19 PM
i woulds like to put some tv's in my headrest but i dont know if they would hook up to my alpine headunit? its just a cd player and i think the model is a 9856 and it has 2 preamp outputs. i know i would have to get a dvd player so where would i hook all the wires up to? also anyone have any tv suggestions

Skatin Houston
06-20-2007, 11:06 PM
i woulds like to put some tv's in my headrest but i dont know if they would hook up to my alpine headunit? its just a cd player and i think the model is a 9856 and it has 2 preamp outputs. i know i would have to get a dvd player so where would i hook all the wires up to? also anyone have any tv suggestions

If your headunit has an AUX input you can use it. It depends on what you want your video source to be. I use a xbox for DVDS and games for my Alpine TME-M580s in the headrests. for wiring, I got a 2 male to 1 female to split the video between my screens. I plug in the video source to that , and run a audio/video (red white) cable to your headunit for sound. Run power from the batt to the screens, and ground and your back seat grounds. No reason to F with all the parking brake and emergency brake wires.