PDA

View Full Version : Ports

donpisto
06-20-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm building an enclosure for my sub and I'll be using two 6" ports for the final product, but now im just testing.

Here is my question. If I use only one 6" port and find that whatever length peaks the highest, and I add another 6" port, thus having two, the same length, would that change the frequency?

Beginer
06-21-2007, 02:18 AM
Yes. If you have let's say box tuned to 30Hz with one 6" port, so with two ports your box will be tuned higher. If you want to use two ports and keep tuning freq same, ports should be longer than one port.

Trixter
06-21-2007, 01:12 PM
if your going to use one for testing you would almost need to use 1/2 the volume as well...which wouldn't work out too well. when you find port length of multiple ports, you divide the box volume by the number of ports and make each one to this length. you should just use them both.

donpisto
06-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Yeah i decided to use them both, doesnt take much more effort, just 25 bucks more and a few mins of extra cutting.

djman37
06-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah i decided to use them both, doesnt take much more effort, just 25 bucks more and a few mins of extra cutting.

# of ports = nessesary for sq. in. for porting. LENGTH of each port is longer(almost twice as long). It gets tough with 6" ports unless you have a lot of room to play with.

Figure out how many sq. in. of port you need, then check out www.psp-inc.com and figure out if and how long they need to be.