PDA

View Full Version : Blank DVD's-What do you use?

inuinc
06-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Was wondering what brand and type of blank dvd's do you use to burn media/video/mp3's. The reason why I ask is because I heard alot of blank dvd's even if burned properly will not play in car dvd players and even home ent dvd players. A friend of mine recommended I believe Sony dvd's in blue color. He couldn't remember the type, just the color of the disk. Tried a search but not sure if I hit the proper key words. Anyways, found nothing with the search. Can you tell me what you use?

Max_Power
06-19-2007, 09:31 PM
I always used TDK, and never had a problem

Fixxer
06-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Brand doesn't matter because they are built in build houses and then labed as various brands. Just look for "Made in Japan" and you will be ok. Avoid "Made in Taiwan" if you can. The Japan ones are Taiyo Yuden which are the best.

inuinc
06-19-2007, 09:39 PM
To Max Power-Would this be + or - and r or rw? I'm looking to get as specific as possible info so I don't go out and buy the wrong product. Pic of label would be best. Maybe asking to much. :) Thanks for any info that will help me...

I'm thinking the r or rw would not matter. I'll go out and check the labeling to see where the product was made. So far I have TDK and made in Japan as things to look for.

hardhitta47
06-19-2007, 09:43 PM
I buy the cheapest I can find at Best Buy, Target, or whatever. I got a 25-pack of Verbatim DVD+R for like 7 or 8 bucks. You can't tell the difference. Not sure about indash, but they play in any standalone home player.

edit: Looks like these ones are made in Taiwan...Oh well, the **** still burns like retail.

connersdad19
06-19-2007, 09:46 PM
i use maxell....they work good but yeah they all are made in house just named different any brand works.

blimblam
06-20-2007, 11:45 AM
you might be burning them wrong...

Nelson9937955
06-20-2007, 12:06 PM
The absolute best and most reliable dvds are Taiyo Yuden. I usually get mine at shop4tech.com which always has a 10 % off coupon code all the time. I usually pay about 27.00 or so for 100. I would never buy anything else

corex
06-20-2007, 03:02 PM
RiTEK RiDATA's. for cd's and dvd's. they've always worked flawlessly for me.