PDA

View Full Version : amp rack help for cavalier

darren700
06-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Ok, i have a small cavalier 2dr. my trunk is almost completly filled up by the box for my hd312's and two hc2400's. i need somewhere to put my amps (two ed nine.2's and a goliath). right now i have all three mounted ontop and back of the box, but i want a more permanant solution as the trunk is sealed from the cabin (subs firing forward) and it tends to get very hott back there during the summer.... overheating ftl.. i need to build an amp rack in my cabin somewhere while still keeping the back seat. i have two ideas: either build a 3.5" think enclosed amp rack that i will atach the the back seat fold down hinges, then attach the folding seat to the back of it, or i could build a 3.5" enclosed amp rack under the rear bench (raising it up). i would rather go the folding seat direction but i am concerned to as will constant flipping up and down do damage to the amps? also for fellow cavy owners, youl know that its just a 1/4" dowel that connects the folddown to the car.. i need to come up with something more secure to prevent theft.... any input is appreciated.... thanks.

95BlackGA
06-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Get some computer fans and you won't have to worry about the heat too much, then you could put the rack in your trunk. Build an amp rack on the rear deck, just make sure no one can see what's in it. ;)

darren700
06-19-2007, 11:42 AM
all the fans in the back would be doing is blowing hot air around, plus the goliath doesnt fit back there box is too high by like 0.25" :verymad: and the goliath wont fit on the rear deck either

Ominub
06-19-2007, 10:43 PM
I have a cavi and it was hard trying to fit two 12s. a t4000 and a comp amp in there. I had the t4000 on the back of the box and the comp amp attached to the back of my back seat so you could see it when I fold it down. I have my batterys in my wheel well. Its a b**ch trying to fit everything in there and since im going with a 18 next Im ripping out my back seat and putting my amps in its place. Car is just too **** small to work with.

Freelander
06-19-2007, 10:46 PM
mount the amps underneath the rear deck....install a couple fans that bring cabin air to the amps.

darren700
06-20-2007, 07:30 AM
I have a cavi and it was hard trying to fit two 12s. a t4000 and a comp amp in there. I had the t4000 on the back of the box and the comp amp attached to the back of my back seat so you could see it when I fold it down. I have my batterys in my wheel well. Its a b**ch trying to fit everything in there and since im going with a 18 next Im ripping out my back seat and putting my amps in its place. Car is just too **** small to work with.

i hear ya man, i wish i could fit the kinetiks is my battery well but there too wide.. my subs are where i fold the seat down, so no amps there. how the hell are you gonna fit a 18" btl in there... up firing?

mount the amps underneath the rear deck....install a couple fans that bring cabin air to the amps.

read the post! the cabin is sealed from the trunk to prevent cancelation..... n00b