PDA

View Full Version : This box if gonna be so bad when it's done, but I got some free time...

AltarCrystal
06-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Alright, I'm not even sure if it's possible to build a box like this, but as you know, Mustangs don't have the biggest of trunks. As I"ll be driving ATLEAST an hour and a half every day for school, I don't want to lose acess to my spare tire. The box I was looking at for my 12" Q was 2 cubes tuned to 29hz, ported. It was 17 inches deep, and since the back of my trunk is sloped for a few inches, it came up to about 4 inches from the front of my trunk.

I figured a wedge, and from there, designs went to a pentagon. This way, it was flush with the back, had enough room to swing up the bottom of my trunk to get the spare, and had enough room to mount my sub (I believe, I have to wait for the sub to get here before I buy it.

As for a port, I figured aeroport/PVC for round ports, I need some help on how to calculate this.

I"m currently in the process in figuring out how many cubes the proposed box is. Luckily my major is math heavy so this stuff hasn't left me yet :laugh:

So, I guess my questions are is how do I calculate how much PVC I need to port a box to ~32hz, and will a box in the shape of a pentagon sound like ***? Would it be better for me to go sealed?

Beat_Dominator
06-19-2007, 12:44 AM
Pentagon or trapazoidal prizim? Would all 5 sides be the same length and width?

AltarCrystal
06-19-2007, 12:54 AM
No, they arn't the same size and length. I"m not sure if pentagon was the right word :rolleyes:

But I've got something so far that will be 2 cubes (Pretty much as close as possible without having measurements that go 3 or 4 decimel places, ends up being lke 2.004 cubes), still need to gfind out how to tune round ports.

AAckley1
06-20-2007, 09:27 PM
WinISD?

Wkbdkid
06-20-2007, 10:14 PM
Port Calculator is yur friend with aeros. Atleast for me it is:D
http://www.psp-inc.com/

tyler_fitz
06-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Port Calculator is yur friend with aeros. Atleast for me it is:D
http://www.psp-inc.com/

usuing that calculator i said i wanted two ports, and it gave me one length, is that the length for each port, or both ports total?