PDA

View Full Version : Box questions for 03 mustang trunk

Smoknum
06-18-2007, 05:16 PM
My current box is 2.5^3 @ 32hz with 39inches of port, sub is SI Mag 12. The thing is I just got another Mag 12 and was wanting to make a new box ported for both of them. The box will take up almost the entire trunk (maybe 6 inches from the very back) I guess just wanting to know if this should sound ok.

I am banking on it being a big difference, its just these Mustang trunks are a pain in the ***. Will be running a Sundown Saz-1500d on them. I have included a sketchup of the box Ive been working on. Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Chuck

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p129/Ceanes00/BoxDesign.jpg

Airman21
06-19-2007, 10:06 PM
if you dont have enough room those subs are supposed to sound great sealed too.. i also have a mustang and was going to put a system in it but decided it would be to much of a pain in the butt ( plus i didnt want to weight the car down anymore then i have to) good luck though

lrgnation
06-20-2007, 12:52 AM
haha, Either build the box inside the trunk or go sealed. Unless your opening from the inside is bigger than the the 05-07's. I could not fit jack through the inside of the car. And barely get grocery bags in the outside trunk opening.

goodluck

UCF52
06-20-2007, 11:21 AM
haha, Either build the box inside the trunk or go sealed. Unless your opening from the inside is bigger than the the 05-07's. I could not fit jack through the inside of the car. And barely get grocery bags in the outside trunk opening.

goodluck

for the 94-04 mustangs: after removing the back seat (frame) and a little bit of bending of the thin metal on the rear deck you have an opening of about 32"x14-14.5" to slide the box through. you must also account for the little 1/2"(or so) hump on the floor of the trunk.

it will still be a very tight squeeze.

AltarCrystal
06-20-2007, 12:03 PM
To Smoknum:

Also remember, the back seats are sloped (Atleast they are in my 04), removing about 4" or so. If I remeber right, from the end of the slope to the front of the trunk, it was somewhere around 30", so you'll be fine, but that's going to be RIGHT up against the front of the trunk.

Smoknum
06-20-2007, 05:28 PM
So should will it be worth it in terms of 2 12's ported vs one 12? I mean if its not gonna be that noticable I might do something different. Just wasnt sure it if would sound good right against the back of the trunk, I guess the way bass travels prolly would be ok.

Chuck