PDA

View Full Version : cad drawing for 3cu ft. truckbox ported to 28hz

chevy_man
06-16-2007, 09:00 PM
So, I picked up 2 kicker cvr 10's with the buy one get one sale. I'm going to build this box and I wanted to see what people here thought about it. I'm going to start construction next week sometime.

Subs will be wired to 2 ohms hooked to a JL 500/1 for now, with a profile cl300 driving some 4x6's, and a pioneer premiere 960 driving everything.

The green is the port, and the dimension on the far right is ****ed up as I was in a hurry. Using winISD it told me if I wanted a 2"x2" port, that it only had to be 6" long. I'm trying to get maximum net volume=the reason for so small a port. Let me know if I need to change it.

I'm going to have the speakers in the flat side of the box, aimed at the rear of the cab with the port exiting in the front below the seats. This way I can slide my seat against the box without worrying about my subs bumping into the seat. And yes, I'm going to put trim around the sides and bottom of the box so the subs can't hit the wall of the cab either.
The blue is the subs, I realize one corner is into the mdf, but obviously subs aren't square, I just needed an idea of if it would fit. And I will put in some bracing also.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/chevy_man88/kickervented28hz2.jpg

DBfan187
06-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Your port is too **** small!

Use areos.

chevy_man
06-16-2007, 09:19 PM
what issues will the small port create? I can up it to 2"x6" and 13" deep to get 28hz.

Immacomputer
06-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Way too little port will make that enclosure worthless. Even with 12 square inches, you're going to have an ungodly amount of port noise and very reduced output. It will sound like **** basically. You're really better off just going sealed.

boomintahoe
06-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Wow. You might as well use toiletpaper tubes as your ports.

chevy_man
06-17-2007, 12:10 AM
so considering I have **** to work with as far as space goes, what would you recommend for ports? And why do people criticize and not have anything constructive to say?

CRAZYCORNUTS18
06-17-2007, 12:12 AM
dude just go sealed and call it a day

chevy_man
06-17-2007, 12:24 AM
because I'd like to build a ported box for the experience. I've never heard a good one, and I want to show the people around here that slot vented enclosures can have sq. That is why I posted on here, to know what I'm ****in up before I start construction. I would like to know how large a port is considered decent.

Immacomputer
06-17-2007, 10:51 AM
And why do people criticize and not have anything constructive to say?
Umm... I did. I said you should go sealed.

If you want to build a ported enclosure because you want people to see that they can sound nice, you're not going to do it with two subs in that amount of space. To be done right, you need more than the right enclosure. You need the right sub(s), the right space, and the right design for the application. You're limited by two of these things.

chevy_man
06-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Thankyou. That comment was directed at one of the other posters. I'll build a sealed box for the two of them, and I might try putting just one of them in a ported box with about 80 sq in of port area. depends on how bored I get.

I appreciate the imput, and I'll stay sealed for an everyday systema and experiment with the ported idea.