PDA

View Full Version : different brahma setup.

Natheo
02-22-2003, 12:20 AM
im looking at an amp setup that, i think, will get me 1250 watts per sub. it would be 2 brahmas, in ported boxes now (always changing my mind). now, would the dimensions they put on adires website for a 12" with 1300 watts going to it be good for 1250? and if i were to port this box, would it have to be bigger, and how would i find out how big to make the port. maybe i should just have someone build this for me... i wanted to set up the boxes on either side of my trunk.

can someone explain the difference between slotted and round ports to me? an one more, how loud would this setup be :D ?

jlaine
02-22-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Natheo
im looking at an amp setup that, i think, will get me 1250 watts per sub. it would be 2 brahmas, in ported boxes now (always changing my mind). now, would the dimensions they put on adires website for a 12" with 1300 watts going to it be good for 1250? and if i were to port this box, would it have to be bigger, and how would i find out how big to make the port. maybe i should just have someone build this for me... i wanted to set up the boxes on either side of my trunk.

can someone explain the difference between slotted and round ports to me? an one more, how loud would this setup be :D ?
Loud is relative - nobody can answer that accurately.

Only difference between slotted and round ports is the design really. They both serve the purpose of porting a driver.

Yes... 50 watts on the box design - won't mean a bit. :)

Natheo
02-22-2003, 12:25 AM
just had a memory lapse; i want an sq system. should i just stay sealed? it keeps things real simple...

i meant loud as in a rough estimate db wise... like what?

evo2k3
02-22-2003, 02:19 AM
just guesses.....if you go ported with the 2.5kw your talking about, im guessing mid 150's....sealed will probably get you in the high 140's mabey low 150's.....if your going for quality, so sealed, 2400 watts will make them plenty loud.

Natheo
02-22-2003, 07:58 PM
ok more questions.

how thick of mdf should i use to build the boxes?

how should i seal it?

(reeeeeeeeeely stoopid) do you just use screws to attach them, or are there better choices?