PDA

View Full Version : the temperature feature

THUNDERBIRD
06-14-2007, 11:57 PM
so about this whole temperature feature on the remote start portion of my 791. do i have to hook up extra wires for that or does the brain just sense that the car is below 55. i was messing around with the programing today because i finally got everything for my bitwriter(bitwriter, upgrade chip, new cable, the port for it) and it was set on normal, so i moved it too latched. so if my car is below 55 it will turn on when the car is remote started. and then the timer mode my car will start if i have it in timer mode if it is below 0 out? so i guess what i am asking is, is there any extra wires needing to be hooked up?

RydHy3845
06-16-2007, 12:26 AM
I don't know sure on the viper, but my scytek6000 does.. the tempature sensor is in the brain and you can read and set the tempature for your car to start at by the remote..probably same with the viper.

azbass
06-16-2007, 10:01 AM
if there was any wires to hook up there would be a port in the brain for it to plug in, im guessing you dont have this wire.

you have the manual?

THUNDERBIRD
06-16-2007, 11:51 AM
no there isnt any other ports for it but i didnt know if i had to get that keypad that dei makes. i can't seem to find it at the moment, but i can set it too a tempurature and it starts the car if it is below that.