PDA

View Full Version : Seal speakers into car.

Jake95
06-14-2007, 03:47 PM
i was wondering if you all know the best sealant to seal speakers into a car. I have a horizontal back dash, so my speakers basically just sit in there. What i wanna do is not use screws because they rattle so much in my back dash. Also i have speaker baffles that go behind the speaker, and i wanna seal those under the back dash as well. What is the best sealent, can yall help??

jmanpc
06-14-2007, 03:49 PM
just screw em down. screws don't rattle if they're in tight. if your rear deck is rattleing, then deaden it. look into secondskin. www.secondskinaudio.com The owner, Ant, is an awesome guy.

Jake95
06-14-2007, 03:57 PM
yeah, but then how do i seal the speaker baffles in the bottom? and deadening would cost a lot more. So the screws get loose by the speakers, and if i jsut take them out, i wont have that problem and wont need deadening. I mean, i know the source of the rattle, so mine as well take it out

azbass
06-14-2007, 04:01 PM
well you dont mount your speaker by sealant alone, you need to screw it, and deaden the area

Jake95
06-14-2007, 05:45 PM
aight sounds good, cuz yeah, my screws come loose on the rear dash, so i guess ill screw and seal

Ceezer
06-14-2007, 06:08 PM
I've never had screws just come loose so maybe they're not the correct size. Do you have anything larger in diameter that you could use to get a tighter fit?

patrick1202
06-14-2007, 06:09 PM
just use zip ties duh j/k

robspeed2002
06-14-2007, 06:27 PM
haha thats one way to keep screws from coming loose and rattling,,, just remove em. sorry i find the oddest things funny. ;-p

Jake95
06-14-2007, 07:01 PM
aaight, i know it sounded goofy, but tahts what i did, i just sealed it, because they are basically lying flat, and they dont really need that much to hold them in. I was gonna wait to see if they needed screws, but they sound ssosooooo much better as it is. Part of the thing is that i got a free pair of polk audio speakers while moving boxes for this lady for money, and she didnt want them, so i upgraded to polks from some sony Xplod's. That is a good upgrade right there,

But to answer my original question, it worked well with no screws and some silicone. That was the key. It sealed nicely and sounded much better with less rattling.

patrick1202
06-14-2007, 07:10 PM
well that's great i guess