PDA

View Full Version : ThumpInDaTrunk=Shaky So far

Qbenjamin
06-12-2007, 11:48 PM
I bought a linksys network adapter from him last Wednesday, and was told that he would ship friday. Well, friday rolls around and I am told he is having family problems (Which I am so F!@#$%^ tired of hearing) and that he would ship out on monday. Well monday rolls around, and I hear nothing. Tuesday is now here and gone, and still nothing. The guy actually logged into his account on yesterday afternoon, but didn't send me a PM or anything. All this over a $25 transaction? WTF? Had I spent a lot of money, I would be urging to head up to Chicago looking for his ***. At this point, I just want my money refunded and I will never deal with him again. :mad:

P.S. For all you asswipes who keep talking about your family problems bullshit (And have somebody's money), I had knee surgery and still managed to get someone to take care of my transactions for me or I did it myself. I don't want to hear any more of the bullshit about "I'm having family problems." What kind of family problems are preventing you from taking something to UPS/USPS and mailing your buyers product?

This Family Problems Bullshit Excuse Has Got To Go.

Tonyguy
06-12-2007, 11:50 PM
I hate scammers too, if you come up to the Chi, let me know.

Ku-sama
06-12-2007, 11:51 PM
This Family Problems Bullshit Excuse Has Got To Go.

that should be in your sig

Qbenjamin
06-12-2007, 11:56 PM
that should be in your sig

I had a deal with IMTJNOTU (No money sent though), then all of a sudden this family problems BS excuse comes up and then next thing I know he is telling me he can't ship. The guy is on here for hours outta tha day, but he can't stop by a local UPS store or call UPS for a pickup? BS. I am so sick of hearing this BS family problems excuse.

Qbenjamin
06-12-2007, 11:58 PM
I hate scammers too, if you come up to the Chi, let me know.

I was just there in April. **** city and expressway's are torn to crap.

brtnboarder3241
06-13-2007, 12:03 AM
if u dont mind that im gonna take that lol : ) i am also ****ing tired of people saying they have family problems..it takes what most of us 15 minutes to get to the location and 2-4 min in the store to have them ship it..wtf is so hard taking what 35-40 min if..if if..that to mail a **** package out that sum 1 has already payed for and ur holding their money..total bs hands down

Tonyguy
06-13-2007, 12:05 AM
I was just there in April. **** city and expressway's are torn to crap.

Give it about 5 years, with all the construction going on, it'll be smooth drivin soon:driving:

CRAZYCORNUTS18
06-13-2007, 12:05 AM
if u dont mind that im gonna take that lol : ) i am also ****ing tired of people saying they have family problems..it takes what most of us 15 minutes to get to the location and 2-4 min in the store to have them ship it..wtf is so hard taking what 35-40 min if..if if..that to mail a **** package out that sum 1 has already payed for and ur holding their money..total bs hands down

:word:

Qbenjamin
06-13-2007, 12:08 AM
If I say I have something for sale, as soon as my buyer pays me that item WILL go out the next day. No excuses from me..............THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE!!

aesoj
06-13-2007, 02:40 AM
Everything turned out all right with ThumpInDaTrunk. Items arrived quickly, as described, and nicely packed.

-Jose

brchd
06-13-2007, 06:28 AM
family problems didnt stop him from taking your money...

Qbenjamin
06-13-2007, 10:26 PM
This guy is officially a SCAMMER in my book. He emailed another user on here today talking about his computer was down? WTF? How are you sending emails then? I guess UPS/USPS broke down also. FEG.

jmanpc
06-15-2007, 01:03 PM
he's got some of my $$, and I havent heard from him in a few days... meh.

subbin_n_da_rex
06-15-2007, 01:09 PM
dammm thats hella gey . Thats why shet is selling so slow in here cuz of Scammers!!!
hopefully something gets done and hopefully its gets done FAST!!!!!!! i wanted to buy n ipod the other day off someone in here and right away i thought about scammers..... i sedd phuck that ill keep my money in my pocket i dont really need an ipod.

Best of luck to you

jmanpc
06-15-2007, 01:50 PM
meh... i'll give him the benefit of a doubt. for now.

Qbenjamin
06-15-2007, 07:57 PM
I get an email from him today talking about he just moved, it was shipped yesterday via UPS. He has no tracking # or no receipt. You can't ship via UPS and not get a tracking #. I already filed my Paypal claim against him, and I am no longer interested in receiving anything from him.

jmanpc
06-15-2007, 10:56 PM
what's his email addy?

tEh koRnDog
06-15-2007, 11:22 PM
its like a sausage fest of 07'ers in here

jmanpc
06-15-2007, 11:23 PM
<-- been here longer than joo.

tEh koRnDog
06-15-2007, 11:28 PM
<-- been here longer than joo.

i know, that comment excluded you. I just thought I'd point it out

aesoj
06-16-2007, 01:59 AM
Daamn, a guy registers late last year and then thinks he can come on here and talk ish about those of us who registered this year?? ....if only I had signed up last New Year's Eve so that we could make fun of all the newbs together, lol. :rolleyes: I guess I'll have to wait 'til '08.... :(

Just to let you know though, I've been on a lot of the other car audio forums since '01, homie. I've checked out this forum a few times before in the past and recently decided to register (I actually thought that I had signed up on here a looong time ago but I guess I was wrong).

*Edit*

Everything turned out all right with ThumpInDaTrunk. Items arrived as described and were packed up great.

Qbenjamin
06-16-2007, 10:16 AM
i know, that comment excluded you. I just thought I'd point it out

And your point is what? Wow, you registered in November of 06, I registered two months after you.........Holla at me when your able to legally drink.

Qbenjamin
06-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Here is his message to me:

Sent: 6/14/2007 6:16:45 PM
To: qbenjamin
Cc:
Subject: uniysis wirless
Attachments:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benjamin item shipped yesterday via ups. please be patient was moving till yesterday. item is brand new never been used. should have it very soon. you will not be dissapointed.let me know. i e-mailed you last nite i do not know if you got it. thank you

bk12321
06-16-2007, 10:21 AM
like... i can understand them being sick or injured or something and not being able to get it to you, but how could they not just be like "dad, i need to get this out asap, can you just drop it by ups for me?".

I know my dad would do that any day for me... so even if i had an excuse not to... i could still get the package out

Qbenjamin
06-17-2007, 09:54 PM
So he emails me again today asking me if I had received the item. Well, according to his previous email it went out via UPS. How about YOU look at the tracking # that you never gave me and see where the heck it is at.

joshs98runner
06-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Maybe he is just trying to shut you up for a few more days because he is a scammer...or he is just a really slow study!

jmanpc
06-18-2007, 04:34 PM
:fyi: i got my ipod today. arrived as described. don't know if it works yet because its battery is dead, and I'm charging it right now. weirdest f'n packaging ever, but it worked. he basically wrapped it in a shitload of bubble wrap and then covered it in cloth tape. whatever works.

jmanpc
06-18-2007, 05:07 PM
mmk after a bit of charging, it works just fine. :thumbsup:

Qbenjamin
06-18-2007, 05:45 PM
I got the network adapter adapter today, I don't know if it works or not, as I haven't bought the wireless router yet. Terrible packaging job. He wrapped the box in 1 layer of cloth tape. I had to destroy the original packaging box just to get that stupid tape off. Once I get it working, I will re-post. Although I received it, I would never buy from this guy again.

aesoj
06-18-2007, 07:17 PM
I also decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and accepted the re-delivery attempt today. Everything looks great and the packaging couldn't have been any better (each item was individually wrapped in bubble wrap). If he communicated a little more I would definitely buy from him again.

Qbenjamin,

I'm going to edit all my replies. Once you get that adapter fully tested, hopefully you'll consider deleting the thread -if it's possible.

-Jose

Grinder1989
06-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Why would he edit his posts? So what if he got a working product? Theres more to the business world than getting a working product. Its sad that a 17 year old (me) that isn't out of high school has better business ethics than half of the people on here. People need to stick to their word, otherwise, they deserve the negative feedback.

aesoj
06-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Ummm....maybe because he's being portrayed as a scammer in this thread and that is obviously NOT the case.

It is totally up to him whether or not he decides to edit his posts but I'm just saying that maybe he should -for future reference. The only thing that ThumpInDaTrunk did wrong was not communicate with his buyers. Items were all delivered within a week of being paid for. Doesn't the guy deserve a little slack for that?

-Jose

Grinder1989
06-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Ummm....maybe because he's being portrayed as a scammer in this thread and that is obviously NOT the case.

It is totally up to him whether or not he decides to edit his posts but I'm just saying that maybe he should -for future reference. The only thing that ThumpInDaTrunk did wrong was not communicate with his buyers. Items were all delivered within a week of being paid for. Doesn't the guy deserve a little slack for that?

-Jose

Which is very important when dealing with people over the internet or the phone? You'd get pissed if you bought something and you never heard anything. Then the package shows up at your door. I think the guy should keep up on his word. Its not hard, and takes no experience or much time out of your day. I never said he was a scammer either, just pointing out that he's not reliable.

Qbenjamin
06-20-2007, 08:32 PM

-Jose

I don't know who you think you are telling me to edit my post's, but your starting to really get on my nerves. First you PM me telling me to take my Paypal claim off of him (Which I already had), and now your telling me to edit my posts? I am not editing a **** thing. I DID RECEIVE the item from him, but it was not in a timely manner, in fact almost two weeks later. I waited a week, after sending my money to even mention the transaction. For someone that's new to this FORUM, you need to sit back and watch how we do things, as far as transactions go on this WEBSITE. Let me buy something from you, and you take a week to even get it to the shipping carrier, I will be dissatisfied with your business just as I was with his. Also, let me make sure I am clear: "I DID RECEIVE MY ITEM," but communication was terrible and shipping was marginal also. I want this thread to stay so that others can see how this transaction went, as well as all the other sellers who take their sweet time to ship AFTER they have received payment. Mod's please lock this thread. Thanx.

ngsm13
06-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Closed per OP Request.

nG