PDA

View Full Version : jensen 9312

deafsquadtahoe
06-12-2007, 08:50 PM
I have thuit thing in my truck in the mean time.. might get rid of it, but the picture is clear and works great with my ipod.
my only thing and I'm wonderin if its a problem or now.. it only has 1 rca out for the subwoofer out...
I had it in my old car to replace a kenwood cd player and the sub output was crap imo. the kenwod was 5v and I think this is just 2 but I mean I had a powerbass 3000 in tere and with the bass at flat 0 it was very weak...where as with the kenwood the sub output was crazy.

just wondering if I should us a preamp booster or something when I put this system in.. I'm gonna ed up runng 2 memphis 4000s with 2 apxx18s

Tonyguy
06-13-2007, 12:54 AM
you should definitely get rid of that HU if you wanna run a system.

deafsquadtahoe
06-13-2007, 03:59 AM
and why's that? I already ran it with a "system"

btw sorry about my writing on the main post, I'm on my cellphone right now not the computer

tez4life
06-13-2007, 04:09 AM
you should definitely get rid of that HU if you wanna run a system.

What he is saying is not that HU is total crap, im sure it serves it purpose very well, but if your going to invest that much in to your system, why not get a HU that will give you more options and control over your system and possible more sound quality.

deafsquadtahoe
06-13-2007, 08:19 AM
What he is saying is not that HU is total crap, im sure it serves it purpose very well, but if your going to invest that much in to your system, why not get a HU that will give you more options and control over your system and possible more sound quality.

b/c it does everything just fine.. yea the eq ***** but thats what eclipse and audio control or an EPX-2 are for other than that.. i don't see why i'ma spend $1000+ on a unit with the same features and trully not the same quality screen.

if i do switch is out i might get a avic-N3, but thats about it

djeazie
06-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Get the avic-d3, more options better price.

tigerf117
06-22-2007, 02:36 PM
. i don't see why i'ma spend $1000+ on a unit with the same features and trully not the same quality screen.

If you ever want to upgrade your system, i.e. put in better speakers and amp them, you're going to need get a new headunit anyways. Eclipse has some nice decks with 5v preouts that are on the reasonable side. Everything in a system revolves around the deck, its what controls everything and being cheap on that is wasting money on any other high end part in your car.

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_7463_Eclipse+CD4000.html
http://sonicelectronix.com/item_8568_Pioneer+DEH-P5900iB.html

The 5900ib being notable for the 7band eq.

jdawg
06-22-2007, 02:54 PM
did you adjust your gains after you switched headunits? Less pre out voltage means you probably need to turn the gain up a little. Reset your gains with a dmm