PDA

View Full Version : Alarm WONT shut-off

purerx7tt
06-12-2007, 07:05 PM
With the battery connected the alarm wont shut-off its a constant sound of the horn going off. I had to disconnect the battery to shut it off, once the terminal and the connector touch it immediately goes off. I disconnected the 8 pin and 20 pin from that alarm module and the alarm noise did go away, but thats just band-aiding the problem. I had to disconnect the white harness that attaches at both door hinges and cut and extend the wires and after that ive had this problem, cant figure it out. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

MadAudio
06-12-2007, 07:22 PM
is this an after market alarm? or the one that came in the car?on some oem alarms it will turn off if you open the trunk with the key look in the owners manual.if its an after market alarm take to the place it was installed or to a place that sells/installs that kind of alarm.

THUNDERBIRD
06-12-2007, 08:25 PM
find the siren and cut the wire.

IamMurph
06-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Put the key in the ignition and turn it to run. Then connect the battery and it will not sound. It's called a smart startup.

IamMurph
06-13-2007, 08:04 PM
find the siren and cut the wire.
Worst advice ever. All that would do is stop the sound. It still wouldn't start.

THUNDERBIRD
06-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Worst advice ever. All that would do is stop the sound. It still wouldn't start.

yes i know that but would stop it from sounding while he figured it out.

Decipha
06-14-2007, 07:44 PM
dun dun dun dunnn

you probably have to reprogram the remote.. from what i read its not responding, simple fix

1st> connect the battery alarm will sound, turn ignition to run and press the alarm switch 3-5 times, alarm should beep and disarm

2> find the manual for your alarm, then find the remote reprogram procedure... done!

-enjoy