PDA

View Full Version : Painting a box

Wragold
06-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Ive finished my box, I used sanding sealer, used high gloss black lacquer paint, ive wet sanded, and ive used the scratch removing compound. Now ive heard that after youve done all that you wax it. Is that true? If so what kind of wax?

xtremekustomz
06-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Paint, wetsand, compound, polish, wax. Make sure all the scratches are completely gone before you wax. And there are many types of wax....if you want something OTC you can get Meguiars Tech Wax, it is pretty good but doesn't last long.

Wragold
06-12-2007, 07:34 PM
How long does Meguiars Tech Wax last? And I was just looking as my box and the front of the box isnt as shinny as all the other sides. Ive rubbed it wish the compound, but it just doesnt brighten up. Battery died on camera while taking pics, when it charges ill upload pics.

SHiZNiLTi
06-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Be carefull with the scratch remover and rubbing compound. If you rub too hard and too long it can take TOO much paint off and you will never be able to get it to a shine. Just start using polish and that will shine it right up, thats what I did with mine. I used Gold Series Mcquires wax and that smoothed and shined it up.