PDA

View Full Version : jvc kd-avx33 question

csnut18
06-12-2007, 04:30 PM
I have a few questions for everyone here about the jvc kd-avx33, the new dvd receiver from jvc. I would like to know what the procedure for playing dvd's is in regards to the parking brake interlock. Do you have to put the parking brake up and down while the unit is on or does the unit simply detect if the parking brake is up and it just allows you to play dvd's automatically if the parking brake is up? Thank you

oxygen65
06-12-2007, 04:32 PM
it is suposed to work like this

if your parking brake is engaged the unit will allow you to play a dvd, but if it is not engaged then it will not play the dvd

you can bypass that, its not that hard

csnut18
06-12-2007, 04:35 PM
That is indeed very easy to bypass. I was just concerned that this had one of the fancy systems to prevent it from being bypassed like the pioneers I think. Those need you to go through a few steps. Are you sure this one just detects if the parking brake is engaged and if it is it automatically plays?

csnut18
06-12-2007, 07:53 PM
In addition to my last question, I am a little concerned that this receiver only has a mono subwoofer rca output as opposed to most receivers that have both a red and white rca output. My polk momo sub amp has inputs for both the red and white cables. What should I do?

AAAAAAA
06-14-2007, 12:33 PM
First off just ground the parking brake wire, that's what I did with mine and it is bypassed. Easy.

As for the mono sub output you only need one if it is going to a mono amp or if you are using a 2 channel amp in bridge mode(Not sure if it is left or right you usually plug into though). If you are using your subs in stereo... then just use an RCA splitter or y adapter, however you won't get stero sub sound wich is fine.

Beerdrnkr
06-14-2007, 12:40 PM
First off just ground the parking brake wire, that's what I did with mine and it is bypassed. Easy.

As for the mono sub output you only need one if it is going to a mono amp or if you are using a 2 channel amp in bridge mode(Not sure if it is left or right you usually plug into though). If you are using your subs in stereo... then just use an RCA splitter or y adapter, however you won't get stero sub sound wich is fine.

It's the left channel.

Motley
06-26-2007, 03:09 AM
I just purchased this unit, and I am going to have a professional shop install for me. Which wire is the parking brake, is it green?

And grounding this wire will override?, do I splice into this wire connected to the parking brake?, or do I disconnect it going to the parking brake, then ground it?