PDA

View Full Version : fix pioneer ribbon multiple times?

tmcilroy
06-11-2007, 05:50 PM
My deck has no power at all, ive tested the power, ground and fuses which are all good. It is a DEH-P9600MP which has a motorized face and I have had the ribbon and trim ring replaced in the past but was just wondering if people have had to replace this ribbon multiple times?

SRim23
06-11-2007, 06:22 PM
you mihgt want to contact pioneer about it. just a few months ago they recalled all the avic n1, n2 due to the ribbons being bad. i know the 9600 is a few years older but they may have done that for it as well.

i know with my n1 they said the new ribbon is better quality and shouldnt have to be replaced for a very long time.

supa_c
06-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Thats the exact reason i went with the 940 over the 9600/960.
To much movement, more to go wrong.

Babs
06-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Moving parts = something waiting to fail. Why they do the flip-faceplates I have no idea other than to be flashy. The DRZ9255 doesn't do it.. Neither does the F1.. Nor do the old high-end Denon, Nak and Mcintosh head units. Plus it's more parts that have nothing to do with sound quality function. I hope the manufacturers start to get away from it altogether but it appears it's only getting more prominent in the 2-Din screen versions. Got to have some way of having a lot of space for stuff but still get the disc into the player.

Louisiana_CRX
06-12-2007, 10:03 AM
you'll continue having problems with that deck...I know someone that has had 4 of the cables so far and its starting to act up again....