PDA

View Full Version : Hold Box In Place

G00SE
06-11-2007, 09:37 AM
Whats the best way to hold boxes and amps in place so they wont move around the trunck?

Propimp
06-11-2007, 09:40 AM
screw, bolts

blackbonnie
06-11-2007, 09:41 AM
flase floor, screw or bolted to it

G00SE
06-11-2007, 09:46 AM
Well i know that much i was just wondering if best way would just be some wood under carpet and drilling straight threw the wood and metal. Or if anyone has better ideas.

WantedIsHere
06-11-2007, 09:51 AM
bolted in right through the body... for best security... almost guarenteed not to get jacked that way unless they have like hours and tons of tools with them... you could also use allen or hex or star screws.... they are a pain inthe *** to get out and any crook will probably look once and figure its too much **** work when they could just go to the next car with standard #2 phillips screws or nothing holding all the amps in.

Lakota
06-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Well i know that much i was just wondering if best way would just be some wood under carpet and drilling straight threw the wood and metal. Or if anyone has better ideas.

That will work. Just buy some L-brackets.

twentyinchburb
06-11-2007, 06:01 PM
I agree with l brackets thats whats im gonna use if i ever get my box done, i also picked up some square headed screws i figure that if u can screwdriver in the head of the screw it'll be to small to get any torque on it to back the screw out.

MemphisCherokee
06-11-2007, 06:34 PM
ive been too busy to actually bolt mine down
so
ive got a ratchet strap around the box that goes down and arount my seat belt thingy

pretty soon im building a new box so i see no reason to bolt it down yet