PDA

View Full Version : rainbows speaker in central FL

mefromfl
06-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Anyone have rainbows speaker in the tampa bay area? I want to listen to these first before buying, and no shops around me have any for me to listen too. I was at a car show today and listened to some MB Quarts Q, and the tweeters were too harsh for me.

adas
06-10-2007, 06:36 PM
I have the Profi's, they're amazing. They sound s little wierd in my car now, becuase the stock HU makes the mids "hide" in the background making the tweets sound harsh. In about 1-2 weeks I'l have 880prs which will make them sound superb like the're supposed to.
For now I actualy have eminence mids hooked up on the crosovers instead of the profi mids, it sounds great, tweets sounds perfect. o.O haha
Anyways there's a few guys with germaniums around here....

MTXman
06-10-2007, 06:44 PM
I have the SLC 165's... but go for a higher line if you choose.

Igno
06-10-2007, 07:29 PM
prof vandium phase plug, but I am in New Smyrna beach

mefromfl
06-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks alot guys for the replies, if you guys were closer i would love to listen to them. I'm planning on getting the profi vandium myself, i just want to know if it's the right sound for me before buying it. If you know any installer that is good with rainbows and lexus cars, please let me know also.

Igno
06-10-2007, 11:46 PM
kpr10is this forum member does installs, contact him he will give refs

adas
06-11-2007, 01:37 AM
St Pete, i wouldnt mind the drive. Just throwin it out there bein friendly:fro:

xclusiv3
06-11-2007, 01:45 AM

i would definitely like to hear those.

i want to get the new slc265kicks when they come out.....

im in daytona on beachside all the time, and sometimes in port orange....

alxmlr789
06-11-2007, 01:46 AM
I will have my SLC 265's installed this week if anyone wants to come to orlando to listen..

Here-I-Come
06-11-2007, 02:24 AM
Anyone have rainbows speaker in the tampa bay area? I want to listen to these first before buying, and no shops around me have any for me to listen too. I was at a car show today and listened to some MB Quarts Q, and the tweeters were too harsh for me.

I hear a lot of people say the same thing about the QTD25 Q tweeters, but every-time I hear this it is always because of poor tuning. Will admit on axis they are very hard to tame, but put them off axis and do some top tuning and will have one great sounding tweeter that is hard to beat on the top end.

3.5Max6spd
06-11-2007, 12:04 PM

Those badboys in yet?:naughty:

Igno
06-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Those badboys in yet?:naughty:

thats what I did all weekend, I am still messing with the tweeters, the midbass and midrange is much cleaner like you said, they do kick drums pretty good even though there not the kick version, I cross at 80Hz anyways:), thx Manny props to a good guy and seller

Igno
06-11-2007, 01:12 PM
i would definitely like to hear those.

i want to get the new slc265kicks when they come out.....

im in daytona on beachside all the time, and sometimes in port orange....

we can meet up anytime were real close

3.5Max6spd
06-11-2007, 04:59 PM
thats what I did all weekend, I am still messing with the tweeters, the midbass and midrange is much cleaner like you said, they do kick drums pretty good even though there not the kick version, I cross at 80Hz anyways:), thx Manny props to a good guy and seller

Awesome. So how would you describe the kick of the phase plug driver? Snappy?

Igno
06-11-2007, 05:26 PM
its very tight and snappy, clean, more bass output than I would have thought, but I did do a lot of deadening, nothing like you see on here though, does the phase plug help the transient response?

3.5Max6spd
06-11-2007, 05:41 PM
its very tight and snappy, clean, more bass output than I would have thought, but I did do a lot of deadening, nothing like you see on here though, does the phase plug help the transient response?

Yes, phase plug drivers exhibit sweet phase correction at the xover point .
Thats why if you are an absolute midrange junkie and demand the higher level of clarity in a 2way set up, i recommend to try the Phase plug driver.

:)

http://www.preference-audio.com/phaseplug.htm