PDA

View Full Version : DEI 513T help...

negativezeroz
06-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Alright my 3.5RSX isn't loud enough so I got three new piezo's (one of which is an actual 513T). I want to put the 513T under my hood to help it become louder.

So all I do is splice into the red/black wires from my clifford siren?? Alarms > me :blush:

There are also two other wires on the siren; solid black and black with white stripe. What are those for on the clifford siren?

THUNDERBIRD
06-10-2007, 02:30 PM
yes just put red to red black to black. you might want to use a relay to power them, so do red on main siren to the input, ground black, 12v to 12v and the connect the output to the new sirens. those extra wires are to full loudness chirp(pointless leave it uncut) and and then i think a 1 tone siren leave them all uncut.

negativezeroz
06-10-2007, 03:04 PM
I dont have a relay...so if I just splice into the main sirens wires I am okay?

Should I cut the black w/white stripe and the black solid wires connected to the main siren as well?

THUNDERBIRD
06-10-2007, 04:59 PM
I dont have a relay...so if I just splice into the main sirens wires I am okay?

Should I cut the black w/white stripe and the black solid wires connected to the main siren as well?

you will be fine if you dont use a relay, but to be safe i would use one. i use one now on my alarm i run 3 sirens. and NO do not cut those wires.

negativezeroz
06-10-2007, 07:06 PM
thanks man

I might stop by Lowe's and get a relay since it's one mile away from me lol

THUNDERBIRD
06-10-2007, 09:16 PM
i doubt they will have them their as it is an automotive item. go to auto zone and get a universal relay or napa probly gonna be like $10-$15 but they are worth the money. or go to a shop and buy one from them.

IamMurph
06-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Piezo sirens are low db. It won't add any real volume. Now a piezo on the inside will hurt the ears.