PDA

View Full Version : Questions about SQ

FeS RoY
06-09-2007, 09:13 PM
like what would be a good setup for SQ comps, i'm lost... and how is a winner chosen?

FeS RoY
06-09-2007, 09:14 PM
or like what do SQ comp vehicles consist of?

azbass
06-09-2007, 09:18 PM
or like omg, find a car audio show to go to and look at the cars

or like do some research on car audio forums.

FeS RoY
06-09-2007, 09:21 PM

........... anyone else?

azbass
06-09-2007, 09:24 PM
or like keep asking

or like maybe they have good quality speakers and amps they run in their SQ comp cars

or like maybe a "SQ" judge sits in their car. and listens to it, and scoring it on different aspects of the stereo.

FeS RoY
06-09-2007, 09:28 PM
thanks but, are sound processors and all that good stuff mandatory if you wanna win a SQ comp?

azbass
06-09-2007, 09:34 PM
its not mandatory. but if you want to have a lot of adjustablty of your system to make it sound good. it would not hurt to have sound processing.

customtronic
06-09-2007, 09:42 PM
thanks but, are sound processors and all that good stuff mandatory if you wanna win a SQ comp?

In my opinion a good quality digital processor is a must if you want to be competitive. I use the Zapco DSP6 and I do very well in my MECA class. The Alpine H701 is a great processor also. If I were you I'd go to a few local shows and ask some questions, maybe see if someone will let you sit in a car and explain the details to you. Where in the south do you live? We have alot of MECA and USACi shows. Florida has alot of IASCA shows too. Good luck.

customtronic
06-09-2007, 09:43 PM

The sport needs new/more members and competitors. We should probably try to help new guys out instead of bashing them. Don't you think?

FeS RoY
06-09-2007, 09:55 PM
rite now i live in Louisiana but i'll be moving to Las Vegas in a couple of months

customtronic
06-10-2007, 09:57 AM
rite now i live in Louisiana but i'll be moving to Las Vegas in a couple of months

I'm not really sure how the car audio scene is doing in Vegas but I would have to think that you'd have to be willing to travel a little to get to shows. Here in TN, KY, AL, GA, ect you have your choices of shows almost every weekend. Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.