PDA

View Full Version : Creative Xmod

Dozy_production
06-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Stumbled over the Creative Xmod (http://reviews.cnet.com/external-audio-adapters/creative-xmod/4505-9335_7-32105686.html) over the net. It claims to convert music to 24 bit audio, and making MP3's sound a lot better. So pretty much is this another WOW effect device and what do you guys make of it?

ballstothewall
06-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Hmmm, but crap in = crap out in my book.

Dozy_production
06-09-2007, 08:14 PM
perhaps, but still found it "interesting"

joetama
06-09-2007, 09:45 PM
Once the quality is lost using compression you can never get it back... It might sound better but I doubt it is worth it...

1loudsuv
06-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Once the quality is lost using compression you can never get it back... It might sound better but I doubt it is worth it...

exactly, and i only think all its really doing is adding more in the upper bands since compression tends to take away from them. so its pretty much an eq.

joetama
06-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Well, I wouldn't call it an EQ.

But, if you think about it it runs a series of algorithms to pretty much guess what the other bits are going to do. Welcome to digital...

1loudsuv
06-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Well, I wouldn't call it an EQ.

But, if you think about it it runs a series of algorithms to pretty much guess what the other bits are going to do. Welcome to digital...

well i was reading the cnet review and says something along the lines of upconverting the mp3s.

so is it like a dvd upconverting player which makes it look better then just standard def but cant look anywhere as good as true hd disc.

what im trying to say though it makes your mp3's sound better it wont sound as good as a cd and no way will it sound better.

anyways isnt that what apples lossless format is for? or is that garbage to? from what ive been reading its suppose to sound just as good as the original cd and even better then some cd players on 5 gen ipods

joetama
06-10-2007, 12:31 AM
Upconverting will never make something better or greater than the orginal straight up format...