PDA

View Full Version : Help: Alpine CDA-9835 Bass Setting

diyeealooen
06-09-2007, 03:38 AM
Hi,
I just got the Alpine CDA-9835 deck, I need help on how to set the bass to the subs. I would like to set it up the highest setting I can. I am not use to the deck yet and if possible can you guys give me step by step direction.

Thanks

IgnoreMe
06-09-2007, 03:46 AM
not sure on the 9835. but on all the other alpines ive used when you push the volume knob in you go through the menu like this "subwoofer", "balance", "fade", and then "defeat". the subwoofer goes from 0 to +15. set it to +15 and then use the gain setting tutorial in the amplifier section to set your gain correctly. use a -6db tone for your subwoofers instead of the -3db they reccomend. you will get the most out of you subs this way.

what you can also do, is set the sub gain using say...+7 or +8 on the subwoofer control. that way on songs with hardly any bass or when you want extra bass when you are listening to the song at a low volume (say 15/35), you still have 7 or 8 notches higher you can go safely without clipping the signal. and on songs that have exagerated bass that needs to be attuenated you can turn the knob down to say 0 or +3 or whatever sounds best....i always went the +15 route though since thats where you preout actualy maxes out at anyways.

Slaugh
06-09-2007, 08:38 AM
yeah... setting up gains on alpines always seemed to be different, since the sub preout always sounded "weaker" than other hu's... the subwoofer control never really worked out for me on my ex 9815, as i always had it between 12 (-3db) and 15 (0db)... this way, it barely gave me the bass i wanted (that was reached thou when using the 'MX' function of it, what made the sound from my comps totally blew dogshit)...

IgnoreMe
06-09-2007, 10:43 AM
mine always worked fine for me. dont know why you didnt like yours. i know that the prouts were 4 volts though. and the sub control was rated at 4 volts at +15 not 0 like i assumed

Slaugh
06-09-2007, 11:08 PM
i've heard from several people in the past who migrated to alpines and had to crank up their sub gains to counter balance the weaker preout...