PDA

View Full Version : Any touchscreen HUs with attachable storage?

JonJT
06-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Guys, are there any double-din or fold out touchscreen HUs that can make use of hard drives? I need at least 150 gigs or storage to take my collection with me. Using one with a JBL MS-8 or similar processor (like the Alto Mobile Drive 30) will solve all the problems caused by multiple sources as well as simplify and cheapen my install since I won't really need a car-puter.

Igno
06-08-2007, 10:35 PM
people are getting hard drives to work on various units, but eventually your going to run into playlist support like Clarion is only 15,000 songs I say only lol because I doubt I could remember them all

Pl8er
06-08-2007, 10:37 PM
I have the 935VD from Clarion, can you add storage to that? I was actually googling today and couldn't find it.

JonJT
06-09-2007, 01:21 AM
people are getting hard drives to work on various units, but eventually your going to run into playlist support like Clarion is only 15,000 songs I say only lol because I doubt I could remember them all

Thats more than double my current collection, so it would work but I think I've found a better solution.

A ton of guys over at mp3car.com have been inplimenting CD audio and radio reception of all kinds into their Car-puters for a while now. If I use that JBL processor with its hardware volume control I can have my cake and eat it too. I won't even have to deal with the restrictions and price of a head unit.