PDA

View Full Version : 4 comps or 2 comp and / 2 6x9?

kale
06-08-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm wondering what would be more ideal, to have comps in front and 6x9's in rear or all of the same speakere. I have an 01 civic so I need to see how deep i can make the front to be with some MDF. I won't be running a sub all the time so I thought some 6x9's might be able to help with some bass. I know they have 6x9 adapters for comps.

I have always been confused because of varying RMS rating on different speakers. I was thinking of picking up a 100 x 4 rms amp and running jbl power comps/6x9's. Do different rms's from front to back matter?

I'm a huge newb so if you have recommendations ( rainbows seem to be pretty popular ) for speakers feel free to say em. Thanks

///M5
06-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Spend the same budget but just on comps for the front. Rear speakers in a car that small are ridiculously unnecessary and won't do anything good for you at all.

kale
06-08-2007, 08:05 PM
one of my rear speakers is blown, you really think its not worth doing anything with em?

95bat
06-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Spend the same budget but just on comps for the front. Rear speakers in a car that small are ridiculously unnecessary and won't do anything good for you at all.
I think the last 7 or 8 posts I've seen of yours are all telling somebody to ditch their rear speakers and spend it on the front.

chucku
06-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Ditch the rear speakers. Spend the money on good comps for the front.

DejaWiz
06-08-2007, 09:19 PM
I think the last 7 or 8 posts I've seen of yours are all telling somebody to ditch their rear speakers and spend it on the front.

That's because it's great advice. ;)

Igno
06-08-2007, 09:39 PM
the hell with it get some triaxials 6x9 infinity's, I think thats what I had back in 84 hmmm, just joking

95bat
06-08-2007, 10:51 PM
That's because it's great advice. ;)

It is good advice, but its not the only advice :) As you can tell, I'm a fan of rear fill. I tried running only a front stage a few times and I just don't like it :(

Ku-sama
06-08-2007, 11:04 PM
It is good advice, but its not the only advice :) As you can tell, I'm a fan of rear fill. I tried running only a front stage a few times and I just don't like it :(

X2

DejaWiz
06-09-2007, 07:52 AM

Some will, some won't. Comes down to personal preference. But hey, at least you tried it first. ;)

///M5
06-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Some will, some won't. Comes down to personal preference. But hey, at least you tried it first. ;)

I have never met anyone that prefers rear fill after hearing a properly setup vehicle. Everyone so far that has disagreed changes their tune after hearing what a real stage sounds like.

kale
06-12-2007, 07:42 AM
Well i hope my JBL P650C's (http://www.jbl.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=P650C&Language=ENG&Country=US&Region=USA&cat=COS&ser=POS) will be good enough comps to run with these JBL P953 6x9's (http://www.jbl.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=P953&Language=ENG&Country=US&Region=USA&cat=MEL&ser=POS). I'm gonna try it and if i don't like it then i learned my lesson

DejaWiz
06-12-2007, 08:54 AM
I have never met anyone that prefers rear fill after hearing a properly setup vehicle. Everyone so far that has disagreed changes their tune after hearing what a real front stage sounds like.

Exactly. ;)