PDA

View Full Version : Problem with electical (I think)

blitz_fist
06-07-2007, 10:53 PM
So yesterday I put in a new head unit, works fine and all is great. I also started running wires for the amp coming by mail, all I got done was the RCA though. When I hooked the ground back up went to drive off, the car didn't start, the electrics came on until I went to start it, then it just clicked and I had no electricity. After fiddling with the battery's ground terminal, off and on a few times, it started and had no problems until today. I finished running the wires, and it started up just fine, no problems. But later on, the same thing happened as yesterday, and once again the same solution.

I noticed when I touch the ground to the battery it makes a lot of static it never used to, and every other time I'll hear a loud sort of clicking sound, not sure from where.

jonnybusa
06-08-2007, 01:23 PM
So yesterday I put in a new head unit, works fine and all is great. I also started running wires for the amp coming by mail, all I got done was the RCA though. When I hooked the ground back up went to drive off, the car didn't start, the electrics came on until I went to start it, then it just clicked and I had no electricity. After fiddling with the battery's ground terminal, off and on a few times, it started and had no problems until today. I finished running the wires, and it started up just fine, no problems. But later on, the same thing happened as yesterday, and once again the same solution.

I noticed when I touch the ground to the battery it makes a lot of static it never used to, and every other time I'll hear a loud sort of clicking sound, not sure from where.

get yourself a battery terminal cleaning brush, and clean the post and terminal well. It sounds like its not making a clean connection all the time. Also, sometimes I noticed I get a spark, and sometimes I dont when hooking/unhooking battery, so dont sweat that.

jmanpc
06-08-2007, 01:24 PM
make sure its connected tight... had the same thing happen in a friends car, and it just wasnt tight enough

blackbonnie
06-08-2007, 02:53 PM
same here, just needs a good connection

blitz_fist
06-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Ah ok good, I was hoping I didn't need a new alternator or something

But yeah, the screw on it isn't tightened, so I'm sure that's it, thanks :)