PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DEH-P7800MP

csnut18
06-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Hey all, I am about to purchase this DEH-P7800MP but I would like to know the likelihood that I would have those rca ground alternator noise problems that pioneers are famous for. What are the chances that this unit would be a noisy one?

Thanks in advance

Riz Z Speed
06-06-2007, 04:59 PM
i don't believe that the headunit is the most common cause of Alternator whine.

The chances of alternator whine will depend greatly on your installation, where you run your wires and so on.

J31Rob
06-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Never had a problem w/mine.. just that stupid RCA grounding problem.

csnut18
06-06-2007, 05:03 PM
I am talking about the rca ground problem. J31Rob, you had that grounding issue with a new 7800? You think I will get one that is blown also?

J31Rob
06-06-2007, 05:05 PM
I am talking about the rca ground problem. J31Rob, you had that grounding issue with a new 7800? You think I will get one that is blown also?

Flip a coin..

Who knows, it's a simple fix, not really worth sending it back in or anything..
& there is no new DEH-7800.. they dropped that line this year..

regal8r
06-06-2007, 05:06 PM

its not that its blown, its just a ****** ground. if youre really that concerned about it, you can wrap some 18-20ga wire(stripped of course) around the ground(sleeve, outside metal part) and then solder it to both the rca and the headunit casing.

csnut18
06-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Yeah but I have not purchased it yet and if I could get a unit from another manufacturer that would not require this wire wrapping fix, why the hell should I get the pioneer? I did like the way it looked but I didn't think all the units ****** like this.

J31Rob
06-06-2007, 05:10 PM
its not that its blown, its just a ****** ground. if youre really that concerned about it, you can wrap some 18-20ga wire(stripped of course) around the ground(sleeve, outside metal part) and then solder it to both the rca and the headunit casing.

I don't really think he has a choice whether to be concerned or not.. it's a low rumble every time tha CD player's laser motor moves.. ie: changing songs, loading cds, etc..

Quite annoying, to say tha least.

Yeah but I have not purchased it yet and if I could get a unit from another manufacturer that would not require this wire wrapping fix, why the hell should I get the pioneer? I did like the way it looked but I didn't think all the units ****** like this.

I chose to fix it, tha 7800 is easily one of tha best head units I've ever owned.

csnut18
06-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanx guys, at least I have the facts in front of me now. I don't think I am going to buy this pioneer ****. It's just not worth it taking into consideration the fact that there is plenty of competition in this business and why should I bother fixing this ground problem if I could just buy a clarion or a eclipse and not have to do it?

AltarCrystal
06-06-2007, 10:06 PM

I not as huge of a deal as you're making it out to be, man. The whine on my 690 was very minute, and the grounding fix took literally 2 minutes (Took longest to strip the wire, as I didn't have the wire strippers) and cut the problem in half. Other half was the crappy RCA's I was running.

csnut18
06-06-2007, 10:39 PM
I know but if I buy something new, I would want it to come grounded properly from the factory.

djeazie
06-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Never had that prob. with my 7800. I dont think that should sway you decision, like was previously posted its not that tough of a fix. Its a ****** deck anyway!

csnut18
06-07-2007, 02:05 PM
I know, I have heard some people who didn't experience this type of crap with the pioneer 7800mp.But then on the other hand, there are many that have.

Towncar
06-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Thanx guys, at least I have the facts in front of me now. I don't think I am going to buy this pioneer ****. It's just not worth it taking into consideration the fact that there is plenty of competition in this business and why should I bother fixing this ground problem if I could just buy a clarion or a eclipse and not have to do it?

Just make sure the unit has a good ground, and run it normally. The 7800s do fine. You should have no engine noise!

csnut18
06-07-2007, 02:53 PM
The only reason I keep on coming back to this pioneer is because I love the way it looks and the 65,000 color screen. I am still thinking about it. I just called pioneer and spoke to the tech dept. The guy there told me he was aware of the problem and that only 1 in 500 of the headunits have this issue. He told me that the 7800mp happened to be one of the units that has never experienced this problem though. He told me that it was some of the other pioneers that had this issue.