PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who thinks it's not a big deal..,

tRidiot
06-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Just so you know, for some of us, feedback IS a big deal. I'm not well-known on this forum, but I've been involved in the internet car audio forums for many years.

I have been researching here trying to find a new sub amp, and I finally did. I was actually tossing up between 2 different sellers and amps, but there was ONE major factor that made the difference for me. FEEDBACK. I did my research on here and found that one seller had wonderful feedback and the other had been plagued by issues on multiple occasions. Not a scammer, per se, but just... ISSUES.

Not something I wanted, so I chose the one with the clean rep, even though it was a more expensive purchase.

So.... work hard to keep your rep clean, guys it WILL make the difference for you in the longrun! I realize issues come up from time to time, but GOOD COMMUNICATION and just being honest will go a LONG LONG ways toward keeping your rep clean.

And thanks to everyone who participates by giving feedback when they buy/sell!

Prowler573
06-05-2007, 12:44 PM
It is those who fail to leave feedback at all (regardless of whether their impression of the transaction overall was good or bad) that chap my hide.

Example:
I made sales to a certain user multiple times.
Each time I made a "Good Buyer" thread simply because, all in all, he was a good buyer. Communicated well, paid promptly, not much more you could ask for.

After he received the gear he had purchased, however, he basically disappeared. :crap:

Now - truth be told I would hope that my reputation here is established enough that nobody would feel the need to hesitate about making a purchase from me, but those three feedbacks I am "missing" sure would have been nice to have in addition to those I have already.

blackbonnie
06-05-2007, 03:16 PM
yeah, it always helps to have feedback.

Scoobydoo
06-05-2007, 03:21 PM
yeah, it always helps to have feedback.

yes but only if it is positive

personally i dont think members should get access to the FS forums until they have 200+ posts, that way at least you kinda know who you are dealing with

blackbonnie
06-05-2007, 03:44 PM
but still there are people on here, who i would buy from, that have under 200 posts. personally, if i dont really know somone, i look for a verified paypal. if they dont have that, then it goes like this. i will pay you, when i recevie a tracking number, and it has been accepted. and i have already done 2 transactions that way, and they went real smooth.

Prowler573
06-05-2007, 04:12 PM
yes but only if it is positive

personally i dont think members should get access to the FS forums until they have 200+ posts, that way at least you kinda know who you are dealing with

When there were several of us making a mad run to get THE Thread up to 100K replies or better there were members who earned themselves 200+ posts in a single day.

Conversely there are other members who have been registered here since '04, '03 or longer that by way of comparison have very few posts.

Post count means little more than how much time a member has to waste sitting online BSing with the other forum participants.

If I had less than 200 posts but still had the same buying/selling references that I currently have would you hesitate to do business with me if I were selling something you wanted?

Scoobydoo
06-05-2007, 04:23 PM
When there were several of us making a mad run to get THE Thread up to 100K replies or better there were members who earned themselves 200+ posts in a single day.

Conversely there are other members who have been registered here since '04, '03 or longer that by way of comparison have very few posts.

Post count means little more than how much time a member has to waste sitting online BSing with the other forum participants.

If I had less than 200 posts but still had the same buying/selling references that I currently have would you hesitate to do business with me if I were selling something you wanted?

true, but it is up to the mods to determine if the 200 posts are just random crap to get to sell in the classifieds or if the user is actually making a contribution to the forum

if it is random crap they can delete them until the user actually reaches 200meaningful posts, but that would mean the mods would have to pay attention to things alot more than they do now

another forum i frequent(overclockers.com) uses this method, but only 100 posts, and they dont have a single scammer on the site and the mods take an active stand in bringing any scammer they might have to swift criminal justice

also when someone signs up they shouldn't be able to see the classifieds until 100 or 200 posts so they have no idea they are there to begin with

this site, has by far, the most scammers and deadbeat(read: civicsi) buyers of any forum i am on and i would love to see that change

just some ideas from the "policeman" of the forum:(

ngsm13
06-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Indeed.

I can't even count how much business I've done here...

nG

tRidiot
06-05-2007, 10:43 PM
I do somewhat agree with having to be a contributing member before being allowed to post in the FS forum... not necessarily to read it, but to post.

However, some guys like me, I've been around on several other forums for years, and some for MANY years, so I'd be cut out. :(

Oh well, anyways, I hope my current deals in the working work out well.

LeofromtheH
06-05-2007, 10:47 PM
blah blahyada yada