PDA

View Full Version : all you sacd owners

1loudsuv
06-02-2007, 09:15 PM
which cd would you recommend i get? im open to anything from jazz to pop dont matter just want something with really good sound quality

here is some im watching on ebay of thinking of buying i just put whichever lol but the one im leaning towards is alison

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/subingncali/1f0c0831.jpg

2kchevy06civic
06-02-2007, 09:17 PM
oh god....Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon hands down. Course we just had a huge discussion about this over on SSA ;).

Beat_Dominator
06-02-2007, 09:47 PM
That version of Dark Side is not that well liked. If you don't mind Jazz and/or Female vocals, Dianna Krall's "Girl in the Other room" is unbelievably well recorded.

Beat_Dominator
06-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Oh and go here to see releases and reviews :)

http://www.sa-cd.net/

thylantyr
06-02-2007, 11:17 PM
People seek sound quality even if they don't like *the sound* of the band. hehehe

Yeah, I bought some SACD's to compare to regular CD's. I found a Diana Krall
on both regular CD and the same album in SACD for audition. I can hear a
very tiny improvement in the SACD, mainly it's just less hiss.

But you won't find me buying SACD's of music I don't like just because I should
be cherishing how uber the recording is, gimme Slayer on cassette tape instead. :hehe:

Rich B
06-02-2007, 11:22 PM
That version of Dark Side is not that well liked.

You need to hang around a better crowd.:wow:

The 5.1 SACD mix is considered one of the best SACD's ever made by several well respected audio magazines.

(It helped that Pink Floyd originally recorded DSOTM for 4 ch. Quad too. The 2 ch. version you're used to is actually the bastardized version.)

CRAZYCORNUTS18
06-02-2007, 11:27 PM

The 5.1 SACD mix is considered one of the best SACD's ever made by several well respected audio magazines.

(It helped that Pink Floyd originally recorded DSOTM for 4 ch. Quad too. The 2 ch. version you're used to is actually the bastardized version.)
tru dat i have the sacd version kicks ***

joetama
06-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Ray hands down...

I have that album and it is pretty sweet... :fyi:

envengineer
06-04-2007, 11:11 AM
I have the New Favorite CD, very nice recording. Any time I change anything and I want to know if it made the system better or worse, I toss that disc in and hit track 13.

Beat_Dominator
06-04-2007, 03:38 PM

Well respected :rolleyes:

:)

ngsm13
06-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Super my ***.

Meh.

nG