PDA

View Full Version : Help...music cutting off and on.

Lil_KB
06-02-2007, 12:45 PM
I have an Alpine IVA-D300. I had it installed for about 3 weeks in my moms car(truck was in the shop), worked perfectly. I went to the shop the day it was supposed to be done, and installed it myself. Worked fine. Then the guy says he has to replace some module, and he has to unplug the tuner box under the drivers seat to do it. so then i go back to pick it up yesterday and he had it plugged back in how it's supposed to be, playing fine. I drove the truck around for about a half hour with no problems.

then, all of a sudden i hit a bump and the music cuts off. the screen is still completely on and says the song is playing, just no audio. i hit another bump, audio comes back on...and so on and so forth. Anyone have an idea of what it could be? I combed over every bit of wire used in it and everything looked fine, but its still doing it today. can anyone help me out?

phyphoestilic
06-02-2007, 12:49 PM
im guessin a loose wire. Mainly check the remote. Also take the HU out and check the wires in the back of the HU too.

blackbonnie
06-02-2007, 01:19 PM
double check all the connections, and also rca's.

Lil_KB
06-02-2007, 05:13 PM
redid every connection and ground and made 100% sure they were solid, and it still does it.