PDA

View Full Version : Focal Components...........Get em or not?

bones justice
06-01-2007, 09:17 AM
i currently have apair of 6.5" Hollywood Sound Labs components in the front doors. I saw a pair of focal components selling and having talked with the sales representatives they seemed to be top notch speakers. Can anyone who have had experience with em or know bout em, tell me their worth and performance? Are they good and how good are their sound quality?

W8 a minute
06-01-2007, 10:06 AM
What line?
Focal has several different lines to choose from: Access, Polyglass, Power, Utopia, etc...

IMHO any of them would be a step up from the HSL's you have but some are better than others.

Tim.B
06-01-2007, 11:35 AM
They are a very nice speaker when considering the Polykevlar line and Utopias. I think they have real nice mid bass. But as for the tweeters I fell that they can be a little to harsh. Which will lead to some fatigue on longer drives.

But I really not a big fan of titanium dome style tweeters. I love and enjoy the more neutral and natural sound of soft dome tweeters.

What's your price point and then people can make some suggestions base from there.

tbasile1
06-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Im a fan of Focal even the access line is good!! they are alot cheaper online than from a shop too! check ebay, focals are well priced on there

kaneo13
06-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Focal makes great SQ speakers and you would be happy with any of their lines. It is just up to you on how much you want to spend. Many people seem to mention the harshness of the tweeters, but I don't have this problem with my
K2Ps. I also heard the Utopias in a demo vehicle just recently and couldn't believe my ears! Each side was getting 250W and a sub was not even necessary with the midbass these produced. I think the harshness is heard by individuals who cannot setup their system optimally.

SethPhillips
06-04-2007, 01:45 PM
focal makes an awsome product. in any of the lines they put out......hurd them all and am very impressed!!!!!

had a set of K2P's 3 ways w/ 4'' mid bass driver on a heart apex 4ch... and they kept up with 12- 12'' solo strikers!!!!! and it was CLEAN!! AND LOUD!!!!

pellis
06-04-2007, 04:15 PM
i've heard the polyglass and the k2p's. the polyglass is a fine set, but the k2p mids are much better. i would find another pair of tweeters to mate with the k2ps, though.