PDA

View Full Version : Sent here from Mazda6club.com

Smoker6
06-01-2007, 02:17 AM
Hello everyone! I have a 2006 mazdaspeed 6, and while looking for more info on the Rainbow Germanium's - and a place to buy them - I was directed here, with specific mention of CarAudio.com member Don (6spdcoupe).

I haven't had an exceptional sound systems before, but I plan to make this car sound fairly acceptable. Currently I just have the stock 'premium' bose audio system (ie crap EQ'd to hell), and in the back a 12" type-r powered by a 600w phoenix gold amp in a custom ported enclosure tuned to 32Hz. I'll probably eventually switch this out for something better when the funds become available.

First up I plan on sound deadening my car (looking at using Second Skin Damplifier, any comments on this?) because it already rattles like crazy with the music turned up a bit, and I've only got 3k miles on it. :laugh:
Then, as I've mentioned, I'm looking to get the Rainbow Germanium's up front, without any rears. No idea what amp to use yet, and I've never installed speakers so I may just be too worried to do it myself. And I'm certainly anxious about the workload for the sound deadening. I hear it's rather difficult in my car.

Anyone in the VA area with installation experience, if you could help me out down the line I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Sincerely,

John

blackbonnie
06-01-2007, 11:31 AM
welcome to the site

denim
06-07-2007, 03:46 PM
hello