PDA

View Full Version : car audio shops.

willya745
05-31-2007, 10:47 PM
anyone know of any great car audio shops here in bama? i live 50mi from montgomery and there is only ONE shop in the town i live in. the jack the prices wayyy ^ and i am nottt skilled in car audio.:verymad: i know there won't be many...... but can anyone help??????:suicide:

willya745
06-01-2007, 05:48 PM
guess not.............

JL thumpin
06-10-2007, 12:23 AM
theres a couple in huntsville where i live...the best is sound on wheels they sell jl audio, alpine, pioneer, and a couple other high end brands...theres also neon sound systems they sell memphis audio, RE audio, and db

teamsubgopoof
06-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Jimmys car stereo in Montgomery is a nice shop, Also if you wanna drive a couple of hours north Audio X is one of the best shops in Alabama

willya745
06-18-2007, 06:10 PM
thanx. i've heard good things of jimmys............... i might want to check it out.....

Benilson09
07-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Jimmys car stereo in Montgomery is a nice shop, Also if you wanna drive a couple of hours north Audio X is one of the best shops in Alabama

Where is Audio X?

mr_kebo
07-16-2007, 01:21 AM
Florence.

bikinpunk
07-16-2007, 09:13 PM
If all the shops around here didn't have egos the size of a mac truck, I'd be willing to do business with them, but since they do, I'll order my gear online and do my own installs.

willya745
07-18-2007, 04:13 PM
If all the shops around here didn't have egos the size of a mac truck, I'd be willing to do business with them, but since they do, I'll order my gear online and do my own installs.

:laugh: x2. mayby not the install part... but ordering your stuff online= cheaper price:) , and NO OPINION from the shop... u can buy the brand YOU want not the one THEY are selling!

Benilson09
07-18-2007, 04:26 PM

There is always Latinos Car Stereos & Alarms, they sell rims now too :hide:

:laugh:

Willya745, If your going to be in the Decatur/Athens area pm me, I'll help ya out.

ddrawdy83
09-25-2007, 05:27 PM
just to let you know ckr has an amazing technician he has been in the top 5 installers in the nation a couple of times and the top 25 even more times now not to knock jimmy's cause they have one really great tech as well but to my knowledge he has never been top 25

jco1385
09-28-2007, 08:13 PM
there are a few here in mobile. thats a good drive tho

orion25
12-04-2007, 03:39 AM
theres a couple in huntsville where i live...the best is sound on wheels they sell jl audio, alpine, pioneer, and a couple other high end brands...theres also neon sound systems they sell memphis audio, RE audio, and db

If you go to Neon make sure you are strapped. I was there last week and felt like I was under armed..................... They are basically a Tire & Rim seller that does some audio work.

Sound on Wheels was awesome though. I went in, asked a lot of questions (without acting like I was buying anything) and they answered them all very well. Hell, I paid them $10 more for an Alpine amp compared to what I could have got it at Best Buy for because they were good people and treated me like they wanted to help.......................

Sound Depot in Madison is good as well but they do not carry as many high end brands. But their service is great so I will continue to shop there...................

ctt0002
05-19-2008, 02:38 AM
theres a place in troy that is called sound sations. I had my amp kit installed there and i didn't looking at their pricing so i don't know if they're expensive selling audio or not. I do remember that they are jl authorize dealer though.

rah07
08-22-2008, 03:01 AM
Been away from the site for a few months so I don't know if it's been discussed but there's a new shop between my home and the gm on Simcoe N. near Beatrice. Just curious if it's decent (I'll stop in to say hello) or if it's stocked by a bunch of assclowns like most of the other Durham shops that have zero knowledge.
James
Alabama Alcohol Addiction Treatment (http://www.alcoholaddiction.org/alabama)

Mr. Opportunist
08-22-2008, 03:05 AM
If you go to Neon make sure you are strapped. I was there last week and felt like I was under armed..................... They are basically a Tire & Rim seller that does some audio work.

Sound on Wheels was awesome though. I went in, asked a lot of questions (without acting like I was buying anything) and they answered them all very well. Hell, I paid them $10 more for an Alpine amp compared to what I could have got it at Best Buy for because they were good people and treated me like they wanted to help.......................

Sound Depot in Madison is good as well but they do not carry as many high end brands. But their service is great so I will continue to shop there...................
$10, that's baller status. :fyi:

nilsn
08-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Hi

I like your postings.

AlabamaDrugAddiction (http://www.drugaddiction.net/alabama)

soundsgreat-AL
01-17-2009, 12:31 AM
I Live in Tuscaloosa an work at Soundsgreat stereo and will be happy to help you in any way i can Thanks Bob

soundsgreat-AL
01-17-2009, 12:35 AM
Soundsgreat is at 2525 Mcfarland Blud East
Tuscaloosa,Al 35405 205-553-3144
Jl,Alpine,Pioneer,Jvc,viper

LulzChicken
03-30-2009, 12:29 AM
I live in Huntsville, Alabama and I have to say that the two stores I would recommend would have to be Sound on Wheels on University, it's a great shop with some good products and top brands. Not to mention, the people there are very nice and are willing to explain anything you ask them. Another store I recommend would be Dr. Eddies Stereo Outlet. It's off of Hampton Cove. They are also very nice, do great work and are pro's. I would recommend any one of these two stores to people in the Huntsville areas.

aanyy
04-04-2009, 07:03 AM
I see your a war eagle fan!!!!

I'm form Selma

datMalibucrazy
08-03-2009, 07:09 PM
yoU SHOULD TRY mY SHOP ckr IN pRATTVILLE OR THE ONE IN MONTGOMERY ME AND MY BOY CASEY CAN HOOK YA UP AND roDNEY IS THE YOP INSTALLER EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT CHECK US OUT

MakeshiftAudio
08-03-2009, 07:13 PM
yoU SHOULD TRY mY SHOP ckr IN pRATTVILLE OR THE ONE IN MONTGOMERY ME AND MY BOY CASEY CAN HOOK YA UP AND roDNEY IS THE YOP INSTALLER EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT CHECK US OUT

:crying: PROFESSIONALS. I DO THIS **** YO. MEMPHIS PRs ARE TEH ****.

TimtheAxe
08-03-2009, 07:15 PM

OHHH hhhhhh wsnAPPpp! CRACKLE POP rice CRISPIES!

datMalibucrazy
08-06-2009, 04:04 PM
:crying: PROFESSIONALS. I DO THIS **** YO. MEMPHIS PRs ARE TEH ****.

lol yea man wat eever

22mountaineer
09-22-2009, 08:06 AM

You obviously do not buy your stuff online and go in there and talk about it.. I went in to ask them about a box, the first question was what speaker. (DD 9515) The second response was how DD is trash and how Treo is better and the designer from DD now works for Treo and they now make better subs..

I gladly walked out and took my money elsewhere

I live in Huntsville, Alabama and I have to say that the two stores I would recommend would have to be Sound on Wheels on University, it's a great shop with some good products and top brands. Not to mention, the people there are very nice and are willing to explain anything you ask them. Another store I recommend would be Dr. Eddies Stereo Outlet. It's off of Hampton Cove. They are also very nice, do great work and are pro's. I would recommend any one of these two stores to people in the Huntsville areas.

This

Dr Eddies is deff worth the drive to Cove

Also if you are in North Bama (Almost TN) Check out Mayers Audio in Park City (almost feyetville) Customer Service is amazing. Last time I was around he was the only DD dealer around.

cnut
12-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Mobile elctronics in Tuscaloosa is good. There is only two car audio shops here now(tuscaloosa) so not much to choose from. I'm from Selma as well, Minter actually.

dB-r
12-22-2009, 10:01 AM
You obviously do not buy your stuff online and go in there and talk about it.. I went in to ask them about a box, the first question was what speaker. (DD 9515) The second response was how DD is trash and how Treo is better and the designer from DD now works for Treo and they now make better subs..

I gladly walked out and took my money elsewhere

This

Dr Eddies is deff worth the drive to Cove

Also if you are in North Bama (Almost TN) Check out Mayers Audio in Park City (almost feyetville) Customer Service is amazing. Last time I was around he was the only DD dealer around.

LOL. Every now and then I go into a car stereo shop and ask about amplifiers. You wouldn't believe the stupid crap they try to tell me.... I NEVER tell them who I am so they have no clue, LOL....

TheSpeakerbox
02-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Bumping an old thread, but I just wanted to say hello to everyone.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

My name is Beck and I work at The Speakerbox in Huntsville, AL. We are the previous group from Sound on Wheels and we opened this shop in August of 2011. We now have an 8,000sq ft shop that allows us to work on large vehicles and boats but also gives us the opportunity to manufacture and create custom enclosures for our customers.

As of right now we carry Memphis, Rockford Fosgate, Phoenix Gold, Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC, and Polk. We take pride in our customer service and strive to give our customers the best car audio experience possible.

Once I am allowed to post pictures, I will put some pictures up of our shop!

dragon.breath
02-18-2012, 06:47 PM
http://www.thespeakerbox.net/wpfiles/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/SpeakerBox_G_O_29sRGBweb1.jpg

http://www.thespeakerbox.net/wpfiles/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/SpeakerBox_G_O_30sRGBweb.jpg

here, i will help you out a little bit.

Fireitup
01-25-2013, 05:11 PM
Isn't there a sundown dealer in Tuscaloosa? And are there any quality box makers near auburn area?? Talked with ckr in Montgomery, but you really don't want to know what they wanted to charge me for a custom box... Or B'ham for that matter i have drill once a month at the airport i could swing by somewhere to pick box up..