PDA

View Full Version : marine certified?

SRim23
05-31-2007, 10:01 PM
In the case of the polk momo comps on the polk site it says that they are marine certified. does that mean that you could put them in a leaky door panel and they will be ok? that they can get wet without getting damaged? doesnt really explain that on the site.

if so that would save me on getting kick panels made!!!! lol

helotaxi
05-31-2007, 10:49 PM
Since I don't know of an org. that "certifies" stuff "marine" and they don't define it, it means about nothing.

btnhfan
06-01-2007, 12:08 AM
In the case of the polk momo comps on the polk site it says that they are marine certified. does that mean that you could put them in a leaky door panel and they will be ok? that they can get wet without getting damaged? doesnt really explain that on the site.

if so that would save me on getting kick panels made!!!! lol

Call up Polk and see what makes them marine certified.

3.5Max6spd
06-01-2007, 08:33 AM
I would think anything marine is treated to handle the outdoor- direct long term exposure to sunlight, humidity, water and salty conditions of boat use.

To what extent? Like helotaxi describes....unless theres a governing body that makes for specific requirements/guidelines for a marine product, you are just gonna have to belive the manufacturer if you chose to use it for that application.

PremierAudio
06-01-2007, 08:57 AM
I would think anything marine is treated to handle the outdoor- direct long term exposure to sunlight, humidity, water and salty conditions of boat use.

exactly what it means. They test teh crap out of their stuff for marine quality. Last pretty long out on the ocean, so they can easily handle whatever is thrown at them in the door.