PDA

View Full Version : Spr 17s or CDT CL-61a

bjayjr5679
05-31-2007, 06:56 PM
Ok i know my sig says coming soon spr 17s, but wanted to know how these speakers compared to the cdt cl-61a (i have been brainwashed by the cdt humping that goes on in this forum:naughty: ). I have listened to the new type r's and like them i think that they are much better than the old type r's. The tweeter was much less harsh and had good bass response. It was funny though because at one shop in my city they only had the 5.25 and they sounded much better than the 6.5 that crappy b-buy had on the wall (i know the other shop tuned theres a little but didnt run them off of an amp). So i have 2 questions:

1. How do they compare to the cdt's if anyone has listened to them both? (most likely not because it seems that they have more people who hate them than like them)

2. Does a smaller component speaker have better response than a bigger one 5.25 v.s. a 6.5? I know that in subs a 10 sounds and performs alittle better than a 15 or 18.

bjayjr5679
05-31-2007, 07:06 PM
Almost forgot the following:
1. looking to give either one 100watts
2. listen to mostly R & B, Jazz, and hip hop (J-Dilla, Roots, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, and Little Brother)
3. Type R 12 giving 600 watts in back
4. Honda Pilot is the vehicle
5. want sound quality

Thanks for the help or wise a$$ remarks which ever come 1st.

hardhitta47
05-31-2007, 07:09 PM
i have been brainwashed by the cdt humping that goes on in this forum:naughty: .

don't be...

go with something you've actually heard and liked

bjayjr5679
05-31-2007, 07:11 PM
Was just kidding. Really just want an honest comparision and since they are highly recommended ust wanted to see how others compared the two.

hardhitta47
05-31-2007, 07:19 PM
Was just kidding. Really just want an honest comparision and since they are highly recommended ust wanted to see how others compared the two.

Well, I was serious. Don't be like me and buy those CDTs without hearing them first. I can't wait until I finally replace them, so I can use them for target practice. Just my opinion, but I fuuckin hate them.

bjayjr5679
05-31-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks. I appreciate the advice and honesty.

hardhitta47
05-31-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm sure you're gonna have others say they sound real good and ****, but if you want to hear them, I'm in Dayton. You can judge my install for what it's worth, but at least you can hear what the **** sounds like. Believe me though, it's not worth the drive. lol

bjayjr5679
05-31-2007, 07:30 PM
wow. I've never heard somebody that mad about there set. Hey your in dayton is soundwaves still open?

hardhitta47
05-31-2007, 07:40 PM
wow. I've never heard somebody that mad about there set. Hey your in dayton is soundwaves still open?

Yeah, I think they are, but I haven't been there in quite a while. You should come down to this show in Cincy on the 16th. Great opportunity to hear all kinds of different ****.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233347&highlight=cincy+meet

tbasile1
05-31-2007, 08:16 PM
Heard my Talib Kweli on Focal Components all models and lines, and they sounded awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Talib sounded better than ever!

even the lowest access line was very nice! And a lil Audison(40x2 i think)2ch amp hooked up to em, and i was blown away, but ive never heard Morel or Dynaudio or some other high end brands but the Focals did the job for me and i plan to get some in the future!

i just thought id add that since Talib came up and i like Mos as well! Good music choice my man :)