PDA

View Full Version : SubZero boxes?

Tungsten
02-18-2003, 07:13 PM
A buddy of mine is wanting to mount some 10's in his Mustang similar to what I did with mine, but he doesn't want to go through the hassle of building a custom box or driving down here to have me do it for him. :rolleyes:

Anyway, he's looking at these SubZero brand boxes. The stuff that AmpMan Audio carries. Are they any good? I keep trying to tell him it's not that hard to build your own but he's got a bad case of lazy-itis.

Gauntlet
02-18-2003, 11:03 PM
They are nice boxes.....very very pricey though....plus another 30 or 40 bucks for shippinh.....you could charge half as much as they do and build a box for him and make like 100 bucks

Tungsten
02-19-2003, 12:23 AM
Yeah... that's what I was trying to tell him but he's sold on the idea of getting one of them. It's also a 4 hr drive for him to come down to my house and let me hook him up with a custom box, so... :rolleyes:

Gauntlet
02-19-2003, 12:25 AM
What kind of subs?

I would tell him to go ahead and waste his $$.....it's his loss

Tungsten
02-19-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Gauntlet
What kind of subs?

I would tell him to go ahead and waste his $$.....it's his loss

Same as I've got but in the dual 4-ohm VC. Alpine SWR-1041D.

Gauntlet
02-19-2003, 07:50 PM
Same as I've got but in the dual 4-ohm VC. Alpine SWR-1041D.

Why would he need a Sub-Zero box? He could get one of the cheap R/T pre-fab ones off SoundDomain for a lot less.....

Tungsten
02-19-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Gauntlet
Why would he need a Sub-Zero box? He could get one of the cheap R/T pre-fab ones off SoundDomain for a lot less.....

I dunno. I had looked at the RT boxes before but the dimensions were all wrong to get it slid into the trunk. <shrug>

Woodmister
02-26-2003, 09:06 PM
Ported, Sealed, Bandpass
www.speakerhole.com

Randy Savage
02-26-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Woodmister
Ported, Sealed, Bandpass
www.speakerhole.com Scratch the bandpass, lol.

Woodmister
02-26-2003, 09:21 PM
Im just telling the boxes they have, and yes NO BANDPASS BOXES!!

jonmrk
03-02-2003, 02:02 AM
Check out www.Fibercoustix.com
They will build any custom box for any car / driver and specialize in slot ported boxes. I will tell you for certain your Alpine subs will **** in a sealed box.
They aren't the cheapest in town, but if you had a cabinet maker and an accoustical engineer in one place, you wouldn't expect to pay "audio enhancer" prices.

Gauntlet
03-02-2003, 02:05 AM
Check out www.Fibercoustix.com
They will build any custom box for any car / driver and specialize in slot ported boxes. I will tell you for certain your Alpine subs will **** in a sealed box.
They aren't the cheapest in town, but if you had a cabinet maker and an accoustical engineer in one place, you wouldn't expect to pay "audio enhancer" prices.

Why will they **** in a sealed box? They are SQ subs....