PDA

View Full Version : Couple different options

Tiger Bass
05-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Right now, I have a couple low-end Pioneer front speakers. Probably these or an older model.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/album/compare/0,,2076_310069908,00.html

With the addition of my new amp, these speakers just can't produce a sound that I like to keep with the power Im putting into my subs. I have a couple different ways to attempt to solve this but have a feeling most of them are bad ideas

1. Put a couple extra holes in the door and install a pair of cheap 6.5" Roadmasters that I have lying around.
2. Try to install my best friends stock components from his Mustang. He had the Shaker 500 system and upgraded it to an a/d/s setup later on. These definently aren't the greatest quality though, being paper cones for one. Plus, I've never done a component install and might be underestimating what all is required to do one correctly.
3. Save up another $100-200 and get a decent pair of coax's, probably Directed or whatever WorldDre's shop has on sale at the time. My only problem here is that I also want to install an alarm system soon, upgrade my horrible subs, and sound deaden my trunk.
4. Save up for a component system instead.

tbasile1
05-30-2007, 07:07 PM
3 and/or 4

Get some nice coaxils, check on sonicelectronix they have good coaxs for $99 and under!! Also check your local shop like you said for sales, clearence, display models, or even check out the classifieds on here!

Or you could just save up and get a nice set of comps, but if u want the other things like subs,deaden,alarm, this may take awhile depending on how much $$ u make it and spend on audio so 3 could be a better option

Tiger Bass
05-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Alright, I've pretty much narrowed it down to getting an alarm vs. new front speakers/comps. I don't have the budget to do both at once.

Since it will be atleast another week before I can grab either one of these, should I go ahead and leave the Pioneers alone, put the cheap 6.5's in, or put the stock comps in?

tbasile1
05-30-2007, 08:36 PM
I would either get a cheap but decent pair of aftermarket coaxils or comps its just up to you, like i said, on sonicelectronix.com there are alot of good coaxils for under $99 a pair

or you could just live with your current pioneers to save even more money and get your alarm so ur future audio equip. doesnt get stolen lol

Gary S
05-31-2007, 11:52 AM
Why go to all the speaker install hassle if you are just going to replace them soon anyway? You can get a top of the line set of components for around $200 net prices. There are even a couple decent ones around a hundred.

Tiger Bass
05-31-2007, 12:11 PM
Why go to all the speaker install hassle if you are just going to replace them soon anyway? You can get a top of the line set of components for around $200 net prices. There are even a couple decent ones around a hundred.

Mainly because I'm bored and like tearing **** apart and putting it back together I suppose.

DejaWiz
05-31-2007, 02:04 PM
LOL, good a reason as any, I suppose. Anyway, if you're on a tight budget, look into the Phoenix Gold RSd65cs comps over at onlinecarstereo.com, as they go for about $129 shipped (authorized dealer). Gary has some other great budget conscious recommendations that he'll chime in on.