PDA

View Full Version : CD changer plug

hairy
05-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Gday
I have a DIN plug on the back of my stereo which the book says is meant for a cd changer. Can I use this to plug in my MP3 player????
Cheers

Prowler573
05-29-2007, 11:03 PM
I know that on the Kenwood headunits which use a 13-pin DIN plug in the rear for CD changer control there is an adapter available to turn that control port into an aux input...

I do not know, however, if Alpine has the same type of adapter available.

On an aside - seeing you type Gday repeatedly makes me miss my wife something fierce :crap:

hairy
05-29-2007, 11:12 PM
I know that on the Kenwood headunits which use a 13-pin DIN plug in the rear for CD changer control there is an adapter available to turn that control port into an aux input...

I do not know, however, if Alpine has the same type of adapter available.

On an aside - seeing you type Gday repeatedly makes me miss my wife something fierce :crap:

Sorry.... Would howdy be better. LOL
Where is she?

Prowler573
05-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Sorry.... Would howdy be better. LOL
Where is she?
:laugh:
G'day is fine, friend.
She's in Adelaide where she's been all of her life.
As soon as we are through fighting a seemingly endless battle with you lot's Dept Of Anti-Immigration I'll be moving there myself.

But as to your issue with the headunit - have a look around eBay and see if there's an adapter to change your changer control port into an aux input or barring finding it there your best bet might be to email Alpine's Tech Support department and see what they say about it.

I'm just not all that familiar with Alpine's gear being that I am a die-hard Kenwood loyalist...

hairy
05-29-2007, 11:22 PM
:laugh:
G'day is fine, friend.
She's in Adelaide where she's been all of her life.
As soon as we are through fighting a seemingly endless battle with you lot's Dept Of Anti-Immigration I'll be moving there myself.

But as to your issue with the headunit - have a look around eBay and see if there's an adapter to change your changer control port into an aux input or barring finding it there your best bet might be to email Alpine's Tech Support department and see what they say about it.

I'm just not all that familiar with Alpine's gear being that I am a die-hard Kenwood loyalist...

Thanks for your help, and goodluck with the Anti-imigration pack of wankers!
Cheers