PDA

View Full Version : pioneer

jester king
05-29-2007, 04:14 AM
ok I have pioneer 6x9's and soon to have 6.5's also, now why is it that everyone says pioneer comps are crap, my HU goes to 62 and I can turn it up all the way and my 6x9's wont distort a bit, they never have, now why is the reason no-one likes pioneer's

DejaWiz
05-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Same reason people say brand X is better than brand Y... personal preference. Simple as that.

I've used Kenwood and Pioneer coaxials off HU power in the past and I wasn't disappointed with them. Throw an amp on them and, well, it is a different story. The only Pioneer speakers I would ever amp and expect very decent sound reporoduction are the REVs and the 720PRS's.

pellis
05-29-2007, 06:27 PM
haven't heard the 720prs components, but i did hear the rev components a while back. they are pretty decent. price isn't bad either, if you look in the right places.

SethPhillips
05-29-2007, 06:29 PM
man back in the day i had some sony 6x9's hooked up to just the head unit and they SCREAMED!!! and it was crisp and clear!!!.... but yes amping them is a diff story.!!!! you get what you pay for!! simple as that!!!

jester king
05-29-2007, 09:45 PM
what are the benifits to running comps off of an amp rather than the HU