PDA

View Full Version : Not understanding something, need a new HU

Super Pickle
05-28-2007, 06:41 PM
im in the market for a new headunit, but i dont exactly understand what i need to get to put it in or how to get it in there without it looking retarted.....im in the market for just a regular HU, no like flip out screens or anything, and i have a budget of about 275 bucks....now my question is, how do i get a HU to fit in something that looks like this http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/lilack77/fjdash.jpg without having big gaps on either sides of it?

Igno
05-28-2007, 06:47 PM
go to crutchfield and put your car in(you will learn a lot), looks like a double din to single din kit, you will end up with a little tray

Super Pickle
05-28-2007, 06:49 PM
ah i see, thanks

Louisiana_CRX
05-28-2007, 06:50 PM
You can fit a nice Double DIN Touchscreen in that dash...I hope you didn't get the JBL upgrade...I didn't want it on my Tacoma but it will make a simple install go bad :(

Super Pickle
05-28-2007, 06:55 PM
theres nothing JBL in it, i didnt know that there was such an option? but i dont think i can afford a double DIN touchscreen..and i kinda want just a regular headunit...i found a universal double DIN to single DIN adapter for 15 bucks on crutchfield