PDA

View Full Version : walmart sells infinity components

budahbuddy803
05-28-2007, 02:35 PM
wow (http://walmart.scosche-cars.com/products2/?sfID1=105&productID=1987&walmartProductID=5799533)

i never thought they would ever do such a thing.:crying:

mike dressure
05-28-2007, 02:37 PM
holy crap! this isnt good lol

6spdcoupe
05-28-2007, 02:41 PM
Why is this surprising? Infinity is on par with being a Walmart/Target type of product..

I mean hell they have Alpine, why not Infinity too?

SethPhillips
no that isnt good!!! but infinity must not be happy w/ Circuit city and what not.. now walmart!!!! boooo harman/kardon!!!!!

smd4life
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5799533

uuuhh......

brchd
05-28-2007, 02:42 PM
FAWK they got Alpine too..../.WTF?

AJē06
05-28-2007, 02:44 PM
lol

Prowler573
05-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Your link only takes you to WalMart.com's main page :fyi:

They're selling Kappa-series components, Reference-series stand-alone tweeters, and Reference-series 6x9s for those that want to know...

mike dressure
05-28-2007, 02:47 PM
so what! infinity is still good. they are just spreading to company's that will sell there products everywhere. some places dont have cc but have wal-mart. martha stewart think's it may be a good thing

ThomasG
05-28-2007, 02:48 PM
as long as its a good product im happy about it cause it will be cheaper than everywhere else cause its walmart

SethPhillips
05-28-2007, 02:51 PM
NOW every neewbii will have infintiy in there car... along with the decals to go on there cars!! yay!!!

Rich B
05-28-2007, 03:01 PM
Arent the Perfect series components discontinued?

Probably just a closeout.

tmoney
05-28-2007, 07:35 PM
NOW every neewbii will have infintiy in there car... along with the decals to go on there cars!! yay!!!

X2

Chevyaudio
05-28-2007, 07:39 PM
To the guy that said "so what, it will still be a good company"

You must of not kept up with alpine and eclipse ever since they went to "big box" stores. As the ammount of products a company produces goes up, the quality of the product goes down. The new alpine stuff is pretty much garbage. The HU's lack features, and they look and feel cheap. The only thing that I haven't played with is the New alpine imprint deck. Which hasn't been released yet.

This doesn't surprise me at all...Infinity isn't that nice and they have already been sold through a larger store (see Circuit City)

not surprising at all.

genxx
05-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Why is this such a shock? Infinity is nothing great, I would rate them one step above sony speakers and they sell them every where else so why not wal-mart.

Patrick Simmons
05-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Why is this such a shock? Infinity is nothing great, I would rate them one step above sony speakers and they sell them every where else so why not wal-mart.

I agree but some of their older stuff was a little bit better than what they have now.

Louisiana_CRX
05-28-2007, 07:47 PM
A lot of companies older stuff was better than what it is now.....

Patrick Simmons
05-28-2007, 07:52 PM
A lot of companies older stuff was better than what it is now.....

agreed. Are all the once good car audio companies sacraficing quaity for quanity? It's a same.

blimblam
05-28-2007, 08:31 PM
they also sell lightning audio and pioneer. so are they bad products also? because i heard good things about lightning audio.

wenn_du_weinst
05-28-2007, 08:38 PM
I thought this was gonna happen oh well as long as they don't start selling jbl I won't care

tbasile1
05-28-2007, 09:08 PM
im telling you Wal-Mart is trying to take over the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but anyways, Infinity is good mid-level starter equip, and rele cheap online, no complaints with my Infinity coaxils, they sound good

Gary S
05-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Those are very smart companies that are going into Walmart... the money is in volume sales.

CobaltKicker
05-28-2007, 09:22 PM
I love kappas :)

wvufootball
05-28-2007, 09:25 PM
What is the deal with lightning audio? Ive heard its from TC sounds but you also see it at wal mart? I am assuming different brands?

wenn_du_weinst
05-28-2007, 09:32 PM
I believe tc sounds builds the x1 and x2 the 1000 rms ones I know they have the same motor

jmanpc
To the guy that said "so what, it will still be a good company"

You must of not kept up with alpine and eclipse ever since they went to "big box" stores. As the ammount of products a company produces goes up, the quality of the product goes down. The new alpine stuff is pretty much garbage. The HU's lack features, and they look and feel cheap. The only thing that I haven't played with is the New alpine imprint deck. Which hasn't been released yet.

This doesn't surprise me at all...Infinity isn't that nice and they have already been sold through a larger store (see Circuit City)

not surprising at all.

Kicker's at CC... and since Kicker arrived there, we've seen new models of the Comp, CVR, L5, L7, SoloX, ZX amps, new DS, KS and RS speakers, the introduction of the CVT and CVX.... All of which are inarguably a step above or at least on par with their predecessors...

There are always exceptions :D

jmanpc
What is the deal with lightning audio? Ive heard its from TC sounds but you also see it at wal mart? I am assuming different brands?

Lightning audio has low-end and high-end stuff. Bolt = crap, strike and storm = win

CaliforniabOY5
05-28-2007, 09:35 PM

hahaha i saw 2 cars with infinity decals in thier cars today.

Gary S
05-29-2007, 01:43 AM
Lightning Audio is a Rockford Fosgate co. I believe.

Hintzyboy
05-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Lightning Audio is a Rockford Fosgate co. I believe.

I think the amps are built by RF, but at least one line of subs was built by TC Sounds. not sure about their entire lineup, but I know the Bolt series *****. It was Bolt series stuff that Wally World put in the "Fast and Furious" branded subwoofer package a few years back.

IamDeMan
05-29-2007, 06:06 PM
I think the amps are built by RF, but at least one line of subs was built by TC Sounds. not sure about their entire lineup, but I know the Bolt series *****. It was Bolt series stuff that Wally World put in the "Fast and Furious" branded subwoofer package a few years back.I believe he means owned by. Which to my knowledge Lightning audio is owned by RF.

SethPhillips
05-29-2007, 06:11 PM
uh uh uh im da man, im da man got no white but dat white b my girl friend...
just had to sya that after seeing imdemans post... sorry

wallmart will be running our goverment soon... just wait... or they will start a channel like QVC you just watch!!!

grizzly
05-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Those are very smart companies that are going into Walmart... the money is in volume sales.

companies dont sell to walmart to make money. only reason companies sell to walmart is to make there sales at the end of the year look good and keep business afloat. the price they make per product sold to walmart is next to nothing and again is only done so a company can build up to sell out cause of numbers on paper. actual profit made by companies is much greater selling else where and also why same products cost more else where. only ppl making money at walmart is walmart.

grizzly
05-29-2007, 06:20 PM
sry for the dump but had to say it

BassAce
05-29-2007, 09:05 PM
I believe he means owned by. Which to my knowledge Lightning audio is owned by RF.

Yes, Rockford does own Lightning audio.

http://www.rockfordcorp.com/home/

Gary S
05-30-2007, 01:26 AM
companies dont sell to walmart to make money. only reason companies sell to walmart is to make there sales at the end of the year look good and keep business afloat. the price they make per product sold to walmart is next to nothing and again is only done so a company can build up to sell out cause of numbers on paper. actual profit made by companies is much greater selling else where and also why same products cost more else where. only ppl making money at walmart is walmart.

- Yes, but if the stock is up, you can bet the CEO is grabbing some of all that cash that is moving through his company and lining his pockets... you think Enron was a rare occurrence?!

jdawg
05-30-2007, 12:19 PM
I just see it all going downhill in quality control. Same thing happened with audiobahn, they came out in around 01, around 04 or so they started to sell masses to CC, BB, internet wholesale companies and qc just ******. I own a 02 model a2200hct, bought it new in 02 from a retailer local to me. I wouldnt trade it for the world. Only had one problem a few years ago, my back glass leaked water and it got inside it, caught a little fire inside. Took it back still under warranty, they gave me a whole new amp cause the shop said I was a good customer. Try getting anything from them now though, you will be seriously unimpressed. Atleast walmart will take like anything back, so if you blow them you are ok.

Bolognablake
05-31-2007, 10:49 AM
Who cares?