PDA

View Full Version : 6x9 box

Dawnoffatex
05-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Hello, effectively I have nowhere to mount rear speakers in my civic. The thing is completely gutted, was stolen prior to me buying it and I got it at a steal. I have no interest in putting it back together, and was told my best bet would be to get a pair of boxes for 6x9.

My question is, where should I pick these up, and what should I use to mount them? (I was told some velcro works well)

I tried looking at ebay, but there are dozens of choices, and i'm worried about ending up with a piece of crap.

Prowler573
05-28-2007, 03:21 PM
What purpose are you wanting these ByNines to serve for you?
Are they serving bass duty?
Rear Fill?

Most prefab 6x9 enclosures are similar in size and construction so one pretty much is the same as the next in most cases...

docutech
05-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Do you have any other speakers in the car at this time? What about a head unit? Is it factory or aftermarket. To each his own, but most of us here dont use rear speakers FYI.

budahbuddy803
05-28-2007, 03:22 PM
just buy some pretty nice components for the front, put them on an amp, and you wont have to worry about the rear

Dawnoffatex
05-29-2007, 01:57 AM
well the problem is i dont have enough sound.

The car is LOUD stripped, and its a CX model with 0 sound deadening. I have to crank the audio (front speakers + aftermarket HU) up to like 30 to be able to hear at 70mph

I just want more audio power in general to drown out the road noise.

So just sound fill, no specific purpose.

Gary S
05-29-2007, 02:12 AM
Just use the front speakers for mids and highs, assuming they are aftermarket... then buy a box and sub(s) for the rear... you can run the whole thing on a single, 4-channel amp if you want. And you may be able to do all this for less than you think. It will last for years if you take care of it and you can move everything to your next car when you trade in someday, it's a good, fun investment. Might not cost much more than twice the price of a good pair of 6X9's and 6X9 boxes, but would make a world of difference in sound quality and loudness.