PDA

View Full Version : 880 PRS owners enter.....

websterbud
05-27-2007, 05:47 AM
At what volume level did you set your gains....just set mine @ 47, but I'm thinking I might go a bit lower....any add/disadvantages to this?

Thieroff
05-27-2007, 08:15 AM
47 should be fine.

ct

chucku
05-27-2007, 08:16 PM
I set mine to 62, max volume, but with the gains low enough it wont blow my speakers. It sounds better and I know someone using my truck cant blow my tweeters.

bass_lover1
05-28-2007, 10:59 AM
I set mine to 62, max volume, but with the gains low enough it wont blow my speakers. It sounds better and I know someone using my truck cant blow my tweeters.

I think I did about 45. Depending on the song, the max I put the volume is between 39-45 after that it's just too loud.

I did it this way, because I really didn't want to turn the knob all the way up to 62 for my peak volume, the knob isn't that great at registering fast turns so it usually takes quite a few turns to get that high.

profundus-sanus
05-28-2007, 11:14 AM
i did mine at 50. at 52 i get audible clipping.

iceteebone
05-28-2007, 12:43 PM

your headunit is most definately clipping. even though you have the gains turned down, you're still sending a clipped signal to the amp.

i have an 880 but have never hooked an amp to it

websterbud
05-28-2007, 09:40 PM
when you guys set your gains did you keep the processing that you use on? It just doesn't make sense to me to turn everything to 0 and all processing off and then set the gains...

profundus-sanus
05-28-2007, 10:18 PM
when you guys set your gains did you keep the processing that you use on? It just doesn't make sense to me to turn everything to 0 and all processing off and then set the gains...

i run several sine waves... leaving all the processing on. then set my gains at what frequency has the highest output voltage.

websterbud
05-29-2007, 12:09 AM
I like that approach. What sine waves do you recommend using to set gains this way?

profundus-sanus
05-29-2007, 01:17 AM
I like that approach. What sine waves do you recommend using to set gains this way?

i bought the bass mekanik reloaded disc set. so i just run everything from 20-70. Main reason i do this is because i use my auto-eq so i don't know what anything is set at.

websterbud
05-29-2007, 02:57 AM
So you run the sine waves and watch the output for the highest output. Then you adjust this level up or down depending on where you want your voltage output to be? I also use my auto-eq and have been wondering how to tackle this issue...

I'm assuming by the range that you use this approach for only the sub?

fastev
05-31-2007, 11:19 PM
So you run the sine waves and watch the output for the highest output. Then you adjust this level up or down depending on where you want your voltage output to be? I also use my auto-eq and have been wondering how to tackle this issue...

I'm assuming by the range that you use this approach for only the sub?

Are you guys using an oscilloscope, or just a volt meter?

Also, can both the ipod control AND xm be used with this deck, or just one or the other?

Thanks for the help, I just picked one up.

walkychalky
06-01-2007, 12:40 AM
your headunit is most definately clipping. even though you have the gains turned down, you're still sending a clipped signal to the amp.

i have an 880 but have never hooked an amp to it

from what ive heard the 880 is safe for up to volume 61/62....at 62 it starts clipping...so he should be fine if he doesnt put it at the very loudest....which i dont see why he would need to....but u never know

theCybe
06-01-2007, 01:03 AM
Volume 41 is where my interiors start yelping for their lives, so I set mine at 35 (which is too loud for regular listening.)

When I want to wang, up to 39 it goes.

You can always use the sub-level to adjust, and there's the auto-ta / eq also.

Run that, and then observe the curve.